Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #11 
PiscisAmor

Ya. It's def a little small. Ok, more than a little. But neat idea! Maybe if the clock was at the bottom and a pen holder was on top of the clock so the tank part was deeper. A couple neon tetras might be ok in it as it stands... They're pretty small.

When I put this out here it was to share the idea, not suggest it was feasible to actually have a happy fish. It's USB powered!!!
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #12 
gbose

I think it would be the perfect home for a couple of red cherry shrimp. Or maybe a (small) pet rock.

Quote: "with beta fish there's less frolicking and more floating in catatonia". Surprising, in such a small tank?

GB
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #13 
Kitten

Is there a type of light that will heat a 1 gallon tank?
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #14 
Thunderloon

er

As an expert in computers and an experienced betta keeper I gotta say.

Atmospheric water vapor + 5v USB power + cheap manufacture = there will be tears.

Not to mention the stupidity, downright abject moronic ignorance and clear intellectual failure of using the USB ports to POWER ANYTHING.

You short those wires and you're shorting out paths on your motherboard, paths that have NEVER been designed to handle any kind of amperage.

It used to be I could kill almost any computer with a screwdriver and it was a nasty joke to leave bad 4gb USB sticks laying around with the power leads soldered together inside: instant computer kill.

Even though they've since "beefed up" the USB systems on motherboards I still don't let my motherboard power external devices.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #15 
Abby

Guys i SAW one in person today for a "low" price of $59.95 and i laughed especially when the bag of gravel had "Betta desk tank gravel" written on it. i held my tounge in store as we were trading with them.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #16 
Arashi Takamine

It's a cool concept but would never work out. The poor thing would just be bored to tailbiting and possibly jump out. I'd laugh my rear off if I saw one in person.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #17 
coet

That's terrible! I'm sad to see something like that. :(

There's no way that thing is appropriate for a snail, let alone any kind of fish. It's far too small for a heater (we're not even going to consider an unheated goldfish), and the frequent water changes necessary would probably cause some kind of electrical problem.
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #18 
laughing

I think that would be cute for a live plant and maybe some shrimp. But uh, fish? YIKES!

I really don't get it... Why do you need to *combine* it? If you want fish on your desk, by a fish tank...?

And I agree on the water changes, I'd be banging my head on the wall! I have one of those tanks with the light above it that you can't remove, and it is frustrating to try and do a simple water change on it.

Maybe if it de-tached??
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 AM   #19 
lunawatsername

yeah, my math isnt great, but im pretty sure that is about .5 gallons, if that. id feel terrible keeping anything but a lone snail in there, and thats only because the recent outbreak in my tank has me feeling very negative about snails...

i would never try it, though i will concede it looks kind of cool. which just makes it worse, because it guarantees that someone that doesnt know any better will buy it. and, by the by, what they said about bettas kind of made me hate them. if your bettas are inactive, its because your keeping them in a small bowl of their own poo. i doubt youd like to play in poo either :/

okay im done. lol
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:46 AM   #20 
Kitten

Sorry I every ask my question. All the reponses I received had nothing do to what I asked. I have researched this site myself for hours and found the answers I needed. Great site for research but quick to make someone feel stupid.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote