Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #1 
Larsa

Betta Toys?

I was thinking of getting the boys some toys so they arnt bored out of their mind sleeping 24/7 when im not around. I was thinking of getting them some rings, barbie beachballs, floating betta logs, or leaf hammocks for them :) They have big decorations to play with but they need something more XD Any other suggestions?
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #2 
Impolite

i hear ping pong balls are fun.
you could make a little creation out of legos and have it suspended in the middle of the tank (like anchor it to driftwood or a rock, or something) and let them play around that.
Legos float, fyi. Learned from experience.
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #3 
MaggieLynn

would the legos be safe? those are good ideas lol i actually went searching my basement for any old toys of mine that would be safe for in the tank lol. I found some little balls that float. I have a really high strung new guy who i want to give some fun toys to to keep him busy
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #4 
lemonpebbles

Hmmm... maybe one of those decorations that makes bubbles would keep them entertained for a bit? Changing up the decorations outside of the tank is also a way to keep them occupied. If my Uno seems bored, I keep a tiny stuffed Mario near his tank. He won't flare at his reflection, but he loves to flare at his Mario for some odd reason XD
lemonpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #5 
bettaloverforever16

Hmmmmmm............ I hear ping pong balls keeps them busy, or place a mirror outside of his tank for a little bit.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #6 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLynn View Post
would the legos be safe? those are good ideas lol i actually went searching my basement for any old toys of mine that would be safe for in the tank lol. I found some little balls that float. I have a really high strung new guy who i want to give some fun toys to to keep him busy
I had legos with my betta once. They're just plastic, dont leach or nothing, just float a lot. Make sure you wash them with hot water, and not have any sharp points showing, not that there are really sharp points, but if you can make one, try not to :P
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #7 
TheBlueBettaFish

I like the leaf hammock. That's what I'm getting for Red, my blue Betta. lol
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #8 
bettaloverforever16

But be sure you watch out for rustng where the leaf connects to the sticky thing, it's been known to that. But I've also heard bettas LUV those things.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #9 
Larsa

ping pong balls sound great! :) I almost bought a leaf hamock today.... buuuut I got a live plant instead. Legos sound pointy, knowing Izume he'd poke his eye out! LOL what would be cooool is having one of those hamster tunnel sets in a fish tank XD
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #10 
rswfire

You got me curious about ping pong balls, so I did some Googling and came across this.

How to Entertain Your Betta Fish | eHow.com

It was a pretty entertaining article, I thought.
rswfire is offline   Reply With Quote