Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #11 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
It's awful, I know... In my mind she did it. But unfortunately there wasn't nearly enough hard evidence to prove she did it. It's the jury's job to decide if she's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt... But there were doubts. I wouldn't want to put her away for life or sentence her to death if there was any chance that she had nothing to do with it. That's the difficult part about this case... But now at this point the woman could write a book titled "I Did It", and they still wouldn't be able to get her due to double jeopardy laws... Her family however could sue her in civil court for pain and emotional trauma...
I hate it because I feel she did it, and you're right, next week she can go on air and talk in detail about how she did it all and how she felt and not have the law touch her...

Also, I thought the jurers were still deciding on manslaughter. Just heard on the news everything was dropped, which SUCKS.

Honestly, she is not some famously protected person, I think somebody out there is going to harm her in some way, I am waiting for that news broadcasting!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #12 
xMandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post

Honestly, she is not some famously protected person, I think somebody out there is going to harm her in some way, I am waiting for that news broadcasting!
I'm sure, like others have said, she'll be walking the streets one day and someone will find her. Everyone is sick over this.

I understand they must go through a system..but come on. Doesn't the woman who sitting there trying to go not-guilty for killing her daughter show these people she's a nut? I'd be begging to be put away or killed if I ever did something like this. The GUILT!

My mother wants to know what Nancy Grace is thinking. lol

After reading the things listed here;
http://newyork.ibtimes.com/articles/...rder-trial.htm

I have a very deep feeling in the pit of my stomach of grief for this girl. I feel horrible that she has a mother like that. Just thinking about the mother searching those things on the internet.. gosh.
xMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #13 
Arashi Takamine

Reading that...I don't want anyone to be killed but perhaps being chased off and out of her home by protestors would be enough. That does pose a question though...Where was this child's FATHER through out this? The problem is no one knows all the facts thanks to that ****'s lies. Where was this little girl's father the only person who seems to haven't been investigated yet.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #14 
Rhapsodie

Well, life is definitely going to be a LOT harder for her now- people are quick to hold judges.
In my mind, it's obvious that she did it- I've thought so since 2008, actually. However, some part of me is okay with the verdict;I guess knowing that she will have to live with the constant reminders of all (and hate) this is enough justice for me. Of course, I still feel bad for little Caylee.. Poor girl.
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #15 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Well now Casey Anthony can concentrate on finding the real killer. Just like OJ did!

Grrrrrrrrr!!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #16 
Fermin

How does one reenter society now as Casey Anthony? Man, if I were her I'd do the name change, plastic surgery to change my face, haircut & color, the works... and start a new life for myself in Vladivostok Russia.

Of course since she's "not guilty" and a "victim" she'll prob just waltz right back into her old sociopath life and parasite off of society like before.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #17 
Littlebittyfish

It is a shame they didn't have enough evidence...There was so much HE SAID SHE SAID going on in this whole case...I think the state did a crappy job personally...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #18 
Rhapsodie

I think both sides did a pretty poor job, frankly. (of course, prosecution had some amazing closing statements, but still...)
I really believe one of the core issues was just that it had been so long since the crime was committed- three years is quite a while to hold this off for. And then there's the whole thing about finding Caylee after six months, too.
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #19 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Reading that...I don't want anyone to be killed but perhaps being chased off and out of her home by protestors would be enough. That does pose a question though...Where was this child's FATHER through out this? The problem is no one knows all the facts thanks to that ****'s lies. Where was this little girl's father the only person who seems to haven't been investigated yet.
According to reports, Caylee's father was killed in an accident in 2007 (?).

Personally, I believe the main problem with the case was that Caylee's remains were in such poor condition after being thrown out like TRASH for 6 months, the State couldn't determine 100% the cause of death. To me, the duct tape made it a no-brainer, but guess the jury didn't see it that way - sadly!

Last edited by Lion Mom; 07-06-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #20 
TheBlueBettaFish

OKAY SO: Me and my friend were at her pool yesterday eating popsicles having a grand old time and we were listening to the country station and them it cut the song off and the radio announcer said: "Casey Anthony found NOT guilty! I repeat, NOT GUILTY!" We were sooooooooo mad!!!!!!

BTW: Can someone tell me the whole story? Cuz all I heard was the mom was a party girl and she killed her 2 yr old and put duck tape on her mouth...so i need the full story, please?
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote