Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #21 
Rhapsodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
She thought it was hilarious that she was waiting for it to die. It just sickened me.
Oh my goodness, that's horrible!!! I don't know your neighbor, but if I did, then she would have a new stalker glaring at her at every corner!!!
Anyway, your little leo is such a cutie!! I've wanted to get a pair for a while, but my mom has a slight aversion to reptiles.
I'm glad this one has found such a great new home, away from those weirdos!

Sugar gliders are adorable, but they can also be craaazy biters from what I've heard. My friend is planning to get one soon. So excited!
Hey, if you want to be a dog trainer, do you want our dog Macauley?? He's insane! (due to his extreme running he's sent my mom to the hospital twice..) Although he's really adorable and loving too. We're going to take him to a training facility to get him to become a rescue dog (which is something he would be great at!), but still..
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #22 
fightergirl2710

Yay! My telekinesis is working already lol!
She just keeps getting cuter doesn't she? He colour looks so different though in 2 of those pictures.. When do they start developing those brown spots?
It's awesome that you want to be a vet. I think you really should. You seem to care about animals so much. I wanted to as well when I was a kid but I realised I was hopeless at science XD Now I just do what I can to help animals..
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #23 
GunsABlazin

well we have had a leopard gecko for about 10 years. He has been in a 55 gallon tank for about 4 years, and he has it cleaned about once a year.
He is also hand fed and will ONLY eat crickets...if you hold them with thier bellys pointing at him.

oh and he has his original tail.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #24 
fightergirl2710

No offence, I don't know much about gecko care but wont it get reallly gross if you don't clean it for a year?
Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would imagine! lol Poor thing! Why would someone take an animal and not take care of it? She's got a wonderful home now. Probably the reason she bit was because she was being mishandled and she was scared.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #26 
fightergirl2710

Really Kath, you're an amazing person taking care of so many animals even with your bad hip and all! You're an inspiration, really! *hugs* :)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #27 
masshiimarro

wow, not cleaning a tank for A YEAR?! .... sad. i dislike people that get an animal and never do the proper research for it. its like, then why did you even get it? dont invest time and money into getting it then, cuz its not worth it.

props to you for rescuing it though! she must be happy now. i love hearing these stories, you guys are such good people! :)
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #28 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by masshiimarro View Post
i love hearing these stories, you guys are such good people! :)
Oh, thank you! Thank you! No no Kath deserves the credit this time... hehe. How is she doing?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #29 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? LOL I saw a picture of you in the member pic thread, and you seem really young, but you said very mature and experienced :P

I want to be a vet one day, but I'd also like to dabble a bit in dog training. Its amazing what dogs can learn to do. Isn't conformation where judges look for dogs with best stance, and build for their breed as well as their walk, and stuff like that? I don't know a lot about dog training in that sense, with professional training...yet :P
Schutzhund sounds really cool. I know what you're talking about now that you've explained it. I find it really cool!
OMG, sugar gliders! I have a small house, so I can just imagine the poor things trying to climb around my house! LOL. They are really adorable though, so I think it would be worth getting them the space they'd need to have them! I hope you are able to get them relatively quickly!

I know, I know. The things they did to this poor gecko. The stuff it needs but didn't get, and they were so simple! For gods sake, a calcium supplement! ITS NOT THAT HARD. Sheezsh. She's getting some MAJOR loving the next few weeks so I can hopefully get her up to a relatively healthy state of living. That bathroom thing ticked me off as well. I could clearly see the poop was all in one corner. Its like "JUST PICK THAT UP. PICK THAT CORNER UP AND REPLACE IT". And even though they weren't using the right substrate, they had an unopened bag just laying around. Its like, you have it, so just use it and clean the stupid tank!
I am 17 years old, but definitely not you typical 17 year old. In a way I never really had my parents, so grew up myself, and have basically been an adult since age 13. I am trying to move out now (I live with my man's family currently) and it really sucks because most apartments with low dog fees are non tolerant to Rottweilers, so I will probably have a 100$ fee a month to keep one with me... D: I received my Great Dane mentor at 13 and I just got my 2 Rottweiler mentors a month or so ago, but they are online basically the 2 best people ever, and one shows her dogs in Crufts, so I wish she was local enough for her to mentor me in conformation, but unfortunately isn't, so they are trying to help me find someone local.

Yes, conformation is where you show a dog for its standards. The point system to me is very confusing, and I need lots of training to learn how to handle my dog properly! I am very excited though, whichever male I end up getting I hope to get his championship! :D With conformation, though, the males have to remain in-tact which means I will be handling a stud dog which will be fun, LOL!

Schutzhund is an amazing sport. The dogs that compete at high levels are the most stable dogs I have ever met. I am achieving for basic titles in this, nothing of prestige. A lot of people think this sport is to train the dog to be vicious and bite people, when it is the exact opposite. Very few of these dogs will bite someone without the sleeve! It is more a temperament test than anything.

At 14 I trained my first Dane girl to get her CGC, and she was on her way to be a therapy dog just after age 1. It is one of the most rewarding things ever.. I love teaching them! People say their dog is untrainable, but that is hardly ever the case. When it comes to training you need multiple tools/approaches and a lot of knowledge in dog behavior/body language to truly set in a behavior. This is something I have extensively studied for 10 years, and still continue to learn. The funny thing is, it is a lot like training people too! ;)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #30 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsodie View Post
Oh my goodness, that's horrible!!! I don't know your neighbor, but if I did, then she would have a new stalker glaring at her at every corner!!!
Anyway, your little leo is such a cutie!! I've wanted to get a pair for a while, but my mom has a slight aversion to reptiles.
I'm glad this one has found such a great new home, away from those weirdos!

Sugar gliders are adorable, but they can also be craaazy biters from what I've heard. My friend is planning to get one soon. So excited!
Hey, if you want to be a dog trainer, do you want our dog Macauley?? He's insane! (due to his extreme running he's sent my mom to the hospital twice..) Although he's really adorable and loving too. We're going to take him to a training facility to get him to become a rescue dog (which is something he would be great at!), but still..
Yes, they can be quite anti-social. This is why you are supposed to get them as babies so they can bond with you compared to other Gliders. Or you can buy/adopt those that have already been socialized!

What do you mean 'running'? Like he runs all over the house?
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote