Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #31 
laughing

Signed it as well, and posted it on FB so hopefully some others can be notified and signed as well.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #32 
Rhapsodie

Signed it and I'm emailing it to my mom, who'll send it to everyone she knows, I'm sure.
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #33 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
That doesn't make sense though, because if she drowned, why did she have duct tape over her mouth??

I could FULLY understand if she accidentily drowned, and her mom then received a severe case of depression, and didn't want to fully deal with the daughter's death and buried her out in the woods, then tried to recover from it by binge drinking, and couldn't, then finally told the police... But uh, duct taping her mouth, having her inhale chloroform, and stuffing her body into a bag and throwing her out into a swamp? Not so much...

Nothing from her statement or what her lawyer said never added up to me. But I guess the judges probably were thinking, "There is strong evidence, but no DNA, how can we say FOR SURE?" It is a tough job for them ideed.

Everyone in my house had been watching that case non stop. From what I saw of it/understood..There was no real hard evidence that the tape was ever on the babies mouth. From what I heard they found the tape nearby....but not directly on the babies mouth...There may or may not have been an impression of a heart sticker on the duct tape that resembled a heart shaped sticker found in their house...but apparently the crime scene people never took pictures of this said heart shaped impression.?!?
They also could not prove how the baby died. They couldn't prove that chloroform was indeed the cause of death...Nothing could really be proved. It had just been far too long before they found the body. It is a very sad case.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #34 
laughing

I heard it was specifically found on her mouth, but I guess the lawyer could've easily twisted it around to make it seem like it wasn't, or the news was exaggerating... who knows??

The thing that gets me the most is none of us will ever know the real truth. The death of her will probably be a mystery forever.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #35 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Signed it as well, and posted it on FB so hopefully some others can be notified and signed as well.
Same here!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #36 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Unfortunately, the prosecution didn't prove the case beyond reasonable doubt. Key points weren't proven because the physical evidence was destroyed (the child's body). Unfortunately, the time between death and when the body was recovered benefited whomever the murderer was (or whomever wanted to cover up the baby's death, even if it was accidental [not nessarily one and the same person]).

But I thought they would have gotten her on crimminal negligance, at the very least, and put her away for a long time.

I heard the judge's instructions to the jurors, along with the definition of everything they could charge her with. According to certain definitions of Florida law, there may not have been a legal charge the jury could 'cleanly' apply.

I'd certainly would like to review the judge's instructions to the jury... as I feel that this is what happened...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #37 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
Unfortunately, the prosecution didn't prove the case beyond reasonable doubt. Key points weren't proven because the physical evidence was destroyed (the child's body). Unfortunately, the time between death and when the body was recovered benefited whomever the murderer was (or whomever wanted to cover up the baby's death, even if it was accidental [not nessarily one and the same person]).

But I thought they would have gotten her on crimminal negligance, at the very least, and put her away for a long time.

I heard the judge's instructions to the jurors, along with the definition of everything they could charge her with. According to certain definitions of Florida law, there may not have been a legal charge the jury could 'cleanly' apply.

I'd certainly would like to review the judge's instructions to the jury... as I feel that this is what happened...
Me too.

I really thought they would get her on that, and perhaps child neglegance, as it was clearly visible in her home and not reporting her child for that long. I would have been happy if she went away for even a few years, but I will not be satisfied without knowing what really happened. Because heck, if someone killed her & threatened the mother and this is one big hooplah, that's still a pretty darn good story and would give an explanation!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #38 
tsoto80

I hear a movie coming!
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #39 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I hear a movie coming!
and a book(s)...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote