Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

I've lost it, I've gone off the deep end!

I went to my LPS today, with money, they had Bettas and $0.99 Tropical Fish that would go with my 29gal Comminty. Betta's were on sale, there were about 30 AND there were quite a few in the actual community tanks (no thanks).

And I walked out with just my dog food!! Can you believe it? I can't! I got to the house and thought about it, I really wanted a pretty bright red male VT with purple butterfly marked tail. I also wanted a few Male Guppies, and some Red Phantom Tetras. I liked the Red Eyed Tetras too, but they get pretty big. I was opening the door and thinking about tanks and how I could swing another bigger tank just for them, and then use the 29gal for a Betta Sorority...................

I can't believe I walked out without fish. In my defense though, most of them looked like Venom :( The females looked horrible, and there was one male that didn't have long. I wanted to take him home but I can't offer him proper care at the moment. *sigh*
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #2 
Johnificent

omg today i went to petco and found the most beautiful blue crowntail female, and she was literally glowing! i just stared at her for about 20 minutes, and my grandma walks up behind me and asks, you want that fishy dont you? bring it to the cash register i'll buy her for you.... but then... i thought about it, my mom would probably get pissed at me for buying another betta fish because i just bought a new halfmoon yesterday! and plus, my parents would go crazy if i got another tank set up! so... i walked out of petco without a betta, this is like the first time this has ever happened to me X) i feel so bad right now because she's still at petco in her tiny little cup :(
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

Don't you know, when Grandma says yes, Mom's have no say? LOL Serious though, they don't. I should know, my kids get away with everything when it comes to my Mom!

Sorry to hear you couldn't take her home though. That's kinda like the little red one I seen tonight who didn't have the night. I wanted to bring him home just to let him pass in a clean quiet tank and not a bowl. But I've just gone through a loss and have a sick Betta, I couldn't do it to myself. I know I'd try to save him.

We only have VTs here.. I could never walk out without a CT! I hope to own one someday :)
Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #4 
regalesse

pitluvs, you can have my little crowntail male super red and a rescue from walmart. there were two left that day. one had clean water and one did not. one had color one did not. one had enough water that he could flare at will and one did not. one had been fed recently and the other was found behind some other stock and had been forgoetten by all for days. the one in the worst shape i took home, gave him a good clean divided tank and placed in the best waters possible, have given him food that is worth more than he was at the time. he was the one with no color, less than a 1/2 inch of water where part of his crown fins in the bottom with his skinny little self. now he is growing them back turned to a super red and acts like the king accessory he was named after a crown jewel. he would be a good choice to make again if I had to make it. i hope someone would help me as I have him. i wish i could send him to you.
regalesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 AM   #5 
laughing

ME TOO!

I went into PetCo today for just a betta cup. I found the most gorgeous delta tail (who I think is HM) that had a deep maroon tail, and a copper looking body. He wasn't dragon, and had this intriguing darkness to him. I carried him to the plant light and he just looked amazing... Only $8, too! I wanted to bring him home with me, BUT LEFT HIM THERE! D:

We're going nuts!

Instead, I am using my money to make a really nice set-up for my incoming betta from Chard. It's hard to hold back, but I keep thinking I get to pick a new betta from him, and then I will have 3 more spots to fill, and I'd MUCH rather pace myself, then buy all at once. Because 3 spots fill up fast, and I definitely don't want to be bummed out 6 months from now because I have no more room!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #6 
Pitluvs

I actually went back twice, and to another store and didn't bring one home! I may go out and buy a tank today and get a pink boy I saw at the smaller pet store. All the ones at the big pet store looked like Venom :(