Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #11 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Pitsluv,

I should write a book: How to Get Your Way and Destroy Your Parents: A Teenager's Guide to Having It All

I've played "The Whitest Kids You Know" video "Get a New Daddy" and Greenday's "Brat" wayyyyy to many times.... lol.....

I reinterate: Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only. Not for use on real parents. This is only a daydream. We do not condone cruelity and lying to parents, or anyone else for that matter.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #12 
beaver999

I just throw out the 'I'm leaving for college in two years and all my larger tanks will get shut down, so let me have freedom with my money'...card.
beaver999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #13 
hmboyz

do your chores and try to be sweeter to your mom... it used to work with my mom when I was younger. lol
hmboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #14 
RobertTheFish

Think this approach would help me convince the wife to let me get more bettas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
FireKidomaru,

If you've tried everything else, and nothing else has worked...

1. Tell your parents they are right. Absolutely right. Buying another betta would be silly (bad, a waste of time, etc. Agree with whatever their reason is). Apologize for not agreeing with them/seeing their point of view.

2. Tell them you'll use the money instead to do whatever it is they fear you doing the most.

3. Before your parents can speak, immediately and dramtically run to your room, slam the door, and put on some 'mood music' (Something really awful, that your parents would associate with Satanism/teen gangs/unwed teen moms - whatever, be creative). Cry alot, loudly and genuinely.

4. When you do come out of your room, be looking unlike your usual self. Totally out of character.

5. When they sit down to talk with you (and they will), tell them you're okay. Try to look glassy eyed. Distant (unless that's how you usually act... then look cheerful, and super nice. Laugh alot).

This should totally freak out your parents.

6. Now, call a friend of the family that your parents would trust.

Get that person to talk sense into your parents and remind them that a betta fish & set-up costs less than years of therapy for the better part of your teen and college years.

That should straighten them out... :D

Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only. Not for use on real parents. This is only a daydream. We do not condone cruelity and lying to parents, or anyone else for that matter.
RobertTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #15 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Robertthefish:

Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only. Not for use on real parents. This is only a daydream. We do not condone cruelity and lying to parents, or anyone else for that matter (including wives).

LOL...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #16 
Jessabell

Here fishy fishy fishy, that was SO funny! lmfao.
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #17 
Irishdancer

Since you're going to pay for it yourself, just show them how responsible you are: do all your homework and chores when you're supposed to, and point out to them how well you're taking care of your other fish.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #18 
FireKidomaru

These ideas are great and hilarious :) I think I will just fo my homework and be a real angel for my mom....it's gonna take some hardwork but I hopenit works out
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #19 
FireKidomaru

These ideas are great and hilarious :) I think I will just do my homework and be a real angel for my mom....it's gonna take some hardwork but I hope it works out

Sorry for the repost....my bad
Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #20 
FireKidomaru

Don't you hate how your parents don't understand how important fish are to you....