Think this approach would help me convince the wife to let me get more bettas?
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
If you've tried everything else, and nothing else has worked...
1. Tell your parents they are right. Absolutely right. Buying another betta would be silly (bad, a waste of time, etc. Agree with whatever their reason is). Apologize for not agreeing with them/seeing their point of view.
2. Tell them you'll use the money instead to do whatever it is they fear you doing the most.
3. Before your parents can speak, immediately and dramtically run to your room, slam the door, and put on some 'mood music' (Something really awful, that your parents would associate with Satanism/teen gangs/unwed teen moms - whatever, be creative). Cry alot, loudly and genuinely.
4. When you do come out of your room, be looking unlike your usual self. Totally out of character.
5. When they sit down to talk with you (and they will), tell them you're okay. Try to look glassy eyed. Distant (unless that's how you usually act... then look cheerful, and super nice. Laugh alot).
This should totally freak out your parents.
6. Now, call a friend of the family that your parents would trust.
Get that person to talk sense into your parents and remind them that a betta fish & set-up costs less than years of therapy for the better part of your teen and college years.
That should straighten them out... :D
Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only. Not for use on real parents. This is only a daydream. We do not condone cruelity and lying to parents, or anyone else for that matter.
Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only. Not for use on real parents. This is only a daydream. We do not condone cruelity and lying to parents, or anyone else for that matter (including wives).
Since you're going to pay for it yourself, just show them how responsible you are: do all your homework and chores when you're supposed to, and point out to them how well you're taking care of your other fish.