Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #1851 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
ty very much, i'll use the original ones that came with the .5 gal, they're much smoother. he was a bit skitish when i came home today but i fasted him yesterday. after feeding he seems less agitated i hope. should i add in green decaf (or AQ salt?) and put him in the .5 gal for the time being? i'll do it in 30 min or so, got stuff to do atm. the caudal doesnt have any black on tit so looks like no fin rot just yet *crosses fingers*
Add in 1tsp/gallon and put him in the .5 only if you can properly heat it :)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #1852 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Add in 1tsp/gallon and put him in the .5 only if you can properly heat it :)
thank you PewPewPew, the tank will probably stay around 24-26 celsius in the location i usually put it in. dropped by the LPS and got a box of AQ salt (430g box) and the same coated and smooth gravel the .5 gal came with (2 kg bag for the 1gal tank.) can plastic plants be made safe if i take the sharp edges off them with scissors?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #1853 
bahamut285

I know this is wrong website/wrong species but just wanted to confirm with others.....

Query: Appropriate sized tank for two comet goldfish? I know they are pond fish and should be in a 200Gal pond but....

I want to start budgeting to get a bigger tank for Nigel and Dea as soon as I can, because I know big tanks are kind of expensive, so I'll need more time to budget. By minimum size I mainly mean affordable, lol...I definitely cannot just randomly move a bajillion gallon tank into my apartment or even future home without serious consideration.

I think my aunt has a 30-50G tank lying around with a stand and everything (I don't remember exact size), I would love to take it *RIGHT NOW* but I think my building would collapse under the weight , LOL

GAH I hate seeing empty tanks, I just wanna put a fish in it XD *shot*
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #1854 
Neil D

I think that a 160 G would be fantastic!! But a 100G would be more feasible.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #1855 
bahamut285

@Neil: Ahh yeah that would be so nice!~

OK SOMETHING BETTA RELATED
Query: I think my bettas are bored? They have a lot of deco/plants and I let them flare at themselves (Lin too) in the mirror for about 10 minutes (30 sec flare, 1 minute no flare) everyday for exercise.

Yet all they do is "pace" the front pane of the tank, even though I pay a lot of attention to them. Is it just my betta or does everybody else experience this @_@?
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #1856 
Neil D

Sometimes my guys like to do this... But not much...

Put your finger on the surface of the water and let him/her chase it.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #1857 
nel3

the tank doesnt drop any lower tha 24 celsius with AQ salt in it and its caudal seems worse off since it went in less that 24hrs ago. does think tend to happen alot b4 it gets better? looked closer at the tail and looks more like a torn tail and maybe some bitting (straight V cuts) removed the plastic plants
the pics of it yesterday b4 the AQ, the pic quality is not the vest camera (dont think it has macro setting) and the fish was moving around toomuch to catch a better pic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by nel3; 07-06-2011 at 01:31 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #1858 
masshiimarro

umm... my pk betta has one gill cover that seems like hes... popped? kinda like how the umbrella pops ovr to the other side when the wind is really strong.. hes been flaring a lot recently, so i wonder if hes overdone it somehow.. now the cover doesnt flatten as it should, and it kinda sticks out.. hes active as usual, and eats like a pig.
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #1859 
Betty

Omg never been so angry or sad in my entire life!I just went into pets at home and saw a couple of bettas-the best coloured one was a marble, he had red inflamed gills and spots all over him, he was dying!he was in a tank with fin nippers too!!!I sat there for 15 mins and watched him die right in front of me :( on the up side they have a ton of female combtails!!!gonna go back and buy them at the weekend!
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #1860 
roarsirroar

so i just bought this API stress coat+ conditioner and i treat my water in these 2 gallon buckets. it says 5ml for every 10 gallons...which means for 5 gallons it is 2.5 ml. and from there i'm lost. so how much conditioner do i use for 2 gallons? sorry, i suck at math :p
roarsirroar is offline   Reply With Quote