Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #5101 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
and then he'd just get yelled at by her.
Would he just take it? If so, IMO that's a deal breaker for me, lol...I like my guys with some testosterone and tell that girl to STHU

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-07-2011 at 05:57 PM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #5102 
TheCrysCat

No, more like he just wouldn't want to deal with it >.< Also, she's supposedly "depressed" so I can imagine she'd probably threaten suicide if things got bad enough.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #5103 
bahamut285

Hiding behind being "depressed" and "attempted suicide" is extremely pathetic. Regardless of how her mental state is, she should at least have some respect for your bf (her "friend") and understand that he is in a relationship with YOU and he's not SINGLE and available.

If this is an issue that is personally bothering you, then your bf should have some respect for YOUR feelings and "deal with it"

Sorry if this seems/ranty but I had to deal with a similar situation pretty recently at a family gathering of one of my friends. Random teenage cousin was complaining to me about it, lol?

I apparently look like a counsellor OTL

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #5104 
TheCrysCat

LOL. No, you don't sound that way at all, and I appreciate the honest response. What bothers me is that I have this "policy" of: If you have a problem, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, or you don't have a right to whine about it. So, I am going to do something about it. I'll ask him, and if he gets butthurt that's his problem. The worst that can happen is that he gets a little angry at me for a while.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-07-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #5105 
bahamut285

I dunno, maybe he likes the attention :P
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #5106 
TheCrysCat

Well, this girl in particular, he's just so used to her hitting on him he just kinda tunes her out :/ I could understand if he was single, but he's obviously not. I think the problem is that he's used to being single, so he doesn't think to ask her to stop or any of that.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #5107 
vaygirl

When I first started dating my husband many, many moons ago, he kept a picture of a certain girl in his wallet. I remember him talking about her a lot. She was gorgeous and he always had a crush on her. She used to come into work and show him her bra. When I found out he had her picture, I kinda went all angry on him and asked him to get rid of it. He did, but years later I regretted making such a scene.

They were friends and I think I crossed a line. Kinda like what you're talking about? So I know what you mean. It's a sticky situation and men don't always take those things as seriously as we girls do.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #5108 
TheCrysCat

The thing is, most of his friends are girls, so of course they're going to say things like "I love you." I say it to my girlfriends, I've said it before to one of my guyfriends, and it was all platonic. If it was just that, it might bug me a little, but what can I do? He's said before he's had a crush on me since I "got used to him" (I'm fairly shy) and he asked me out. I know he has platonic feelings for these girls, but it still bugs me on a primative "you stay away from my man!" kind of way. Especially since the one has feelings for him :s
Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #5109 
kathstew

Crys - good luck with your whole boyfriend thing. I hope he learns to respect your wishes, even a general comprimise would be better. :/ I've never had a boyfriend so I can't really give you any advice, but I wish you the best of luck!

Rant: I use a wheelchair to get around when I go out, especially for long distances, like at the mall. I go to the mall, going forward in a straight line, and this girl comes and walks on an angle almost COMPLETELY into me. EXCUSE ME?! Don't walk into me, and then give me a dirty look/expect ME to move. sheesh.
I hate using that stupid thing, nobody respects me when I use it. Its big, so I need space. MOVE. I can only wait so long just sitting in one spot as people walk in front of me over and over and over. GOD.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #5110 
TheCrysCat

That sucks >.< people really need to learn to look down. I don't know if I read this here or somewhere else, but apparently the reason people do that is because you're down way lower than them.

Rant: going to spend $100 on a straightener later. I guess if it works... I'd rather spend the money on something else, but if it works it'll be totally worth it.