Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #5111 
Neems

There is a girl I know at school who uploaded a photo of two medium sized goldish in a horrible little wall mounted container, I could see that they were at the top gasping for air and she said "they only move when I play music:) " Grr it totally angered me, those poor things would only move because of the music vibrations scaring them not because they "like music" I hate the ignorance of some people. People should research and get to know their animals before they commit to one!
Neems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #5112 
Betta Slave

Augh... I have a dentist's appointment at 7:30 AM tomorrow to tighten my braces. D:< It's summer!! I don't wanna get up that early. On the bright side, we're going out for breakfast to the iHop, but still... XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #5113 
PewPewPew

Unrelated, but Neems, nice avatar picture! DANG <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #5114 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
When I first started dating my husband many, many moons ago, he kept a picture of a certain girl in his wallet. I remember him talking about her a lot. She was gorgeous and he always had a crush on her. She used to come into work and show him her bra. When I found out he had her picture, I kinda went all angry on him and asked him to get rid of it. He did, but years later I regretted making such a scene.

They were friends and I think I crossed a line. Kinda like what you're talking about? So I know what you mean. It's a sticky situation and men don't always take those things as seriously as we girls do.
I agree, but its still good to let them know. Theyre so derp, they just dont see it like us wimins. :P

I do think, though, that the girl should realize maybe how it makes another feel. I consider it with my close close guy friend's girlfriends. I really do. Because I know thats what Id want, and I know I can still be best broskis with him and not make his girlfriend sad or angry.

My bf's downright stupid when it comes to women, and often times they play up on his ignorance. But as soon as another woman (me) puts her foot down, they back off.

There's a line, a fine one, and all parties should be respectful not to cross it on all sides. Sadly, most dont care enough to...

Janine, how long have you and he been together? *gets girly and gossipy* :P <3 <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #5115 
TheCrysCat

For that girl in particular, it's more that she doesn't care. Like I said, she's not any sort of rival, so...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #5116 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
Crys - good luck with your whole boyfriend thing. I hope he learns to respect your wishes, even a general comprimise would be better. :/ I've never had a boyfriend so I can't really give you any advice, but I wish you the best of luck!

Rant: I use a wheelchair to get around when I go out, especially for long distances, like at the mall. I go to the mall, going forward in a straight line, and this girl comes and walks on an angle almost COMPLETELY into me. EXCUSE ME?! Don't walk into me, and then give me a dirty look/expect ME to move. sheesh.
I hate using that stupid thing, nobody respects me when I use it. Its big, so I need space. MOVE. I can only wait so long just sitting in one spot as people walk in front of me over and over and over. GOD.
People are so rude to disabled people. I see kids running around and if there are people nearby that are on canes and walkers I'm always worried that kids will run into them and knock them down.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #5117 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
Rant: I use a wheelchair to get around when I go out, especially for long distances, like at the mall. I go to the mall, going forward in a straight line, and this girl comes and walks on an angle almost COMPLETELY into me. EXCUSE ME?! Don't walk into me, and then give me a dirty look/expect ME to move. sheesh.
I hate using that stupid thing, nobody respects me when I use it. Its big, so I need space. MOVE. I can only wait so long just sitting in one spot as people walk in front of me over and over and over. GOD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
That sucks >.< people really need to learn to look down. I don't know if I read this here or somewhere else, but apparently the reason people do that is because you're down way lower than them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
People are so rude to disabled people. I see kids running around and if there are people nearby that are on canes and walkers I'm always worried that kids will run into them and knock them down.
WOW seriously? That really sucks...in my culture the disabled and/or elderly are treated like GODS, XD. I wouldn't DARE mistreat elderly/disabled because I'd probably get a butt kicking from my family. Besides, why would you mistreat them in the first place? They've already got their own set of additional problems :S

Also lol, I remember getting yelled at by a random at my student centre for saying "disabled people" instead of the politically correct term: "People with a disability". LOOOOOOoooool what a dummy
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #5118 
TheCrysCat

And what's the difference? One says that person is disabled, and the other says that they're still a person, they just have a disability? Either way, that's idiotic. I don't think a "person with a disability" would care that you switched a few words around.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #5119 
bahamut285

I think the main point is the usage of the word "person" for some reason those idiots don't think saying somebody is "disabled" refers to a person or not. It's just a word for goodness sake. If you go through live caring about words, then you're doing it wrong.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #5120 
TheCrysCat

Unless your job is a writer. Then you really should be paying attention to words. But not in that way >.<

"They're disabled."
"Who? I don't see anyone."
"I mean, the table over there."

Tags
bettathanyou