Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #11 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
That sucks!

Maybe use a gallon jug? :c if its not right, I would return out and complain!!
Like I said, earlier, I'm just too cheap & lazy to send it back since it's just an emergency backup.

Hmmm......measured it at the smallest part and it still comes up with 2 gals. & not the 1.75 gal. it says on the insert. One of these days I'll probably actually measure it out in cups.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #12 
laughing

Well I had that keeper and it always seemed WAY bigger than 1.75 gallons...

I'm starting to think that maybe they're lying about the size so you'll want to go bigger? Doesn't it seem odd they sell a 1.75 gallon? :S When I thought of how small 1.75 was, I almost went up to the next size.

Very well could be a scam!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #13 
laughing

Get a gallon jug (milk jug, water jug) and then fill it up to the usual point when you buy it brand new, and fill it up. Then fill the jug up again, and pour that one in. If it cannot hold both gallons, then we know it is 1.75. If it can, and we know it is 2. If it can and has extra room, then it is probably just over 2 gallons. If there's still a decent amount, fill the jug up again and see if it can hold it.

That's probably the easiest way to find out who is right!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #14 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Get a gallon jug (milk jug, water jug) and then fill it up to the usual point when you buy it brand new, and fill it up. Then fill the jug up again, and pour that one in. If it cannot hold both gallons, then we know it is 1.75. If it can, and we know it is 2. If it can and has extra room, then it is probably just over 2 gallons. If there's still a decent amount, fill the jug up again and see if it can hold it.

That's probably the easiest way to find out who is right!
When I want to measure something like that, I usually do it by cups. 16 cups = 1 gal.

In this case, however, I will use a one gal. container first (faster that way) then switch to cups.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #15 
Lion Mom

So - finally got around to measuring it today. Filled right to the top it is EXACTLY 1.75 gals. as the insert said. Hmmmm...... could the aquarium calculator I used be WRONG????

In any event, I found it is a TERRIFIC holding tank for when I have to do 100% water changes. :)
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #16 
TheBlueBettaFish

Gee...that really.....SUCKS.
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #17 
laughing

Huh... That's odd... *scratches head*

Mine always seemed so much bigger than that. I was really thinking the packaging was wrong, guess not!