Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Zariel's Pad; Petco 2.5 Desktop Aquarium

Soooo after seeking this thread I pretty much fell in love with the design of this tank. I don't have room for another big tank past my 5 and 10 gallon ones, and I already had a littler over 2.5 gallon kritter keeper type tank... but it was on the floor and dinged up pretty bad-- it wasn't pretty at all. It just had a heater, a plant, and a bare bottom. I thought maybe this lovely 2.5 gallon woul dbe a nice change up-- and it really is. So here are some pictures;

elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #2 
Oiseauii

Cool! I like those plants floating at top.. and... is that turtle glowing???
Oiseauii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #3 
elijahfeathers

Thanks. C8 Those are sold at petco--6 pack of them as floating water lettuce for reptile enclosures. Work great for my fish, one of my fave fake plants. lol

As for the turtle, he looks like it, doesn't he? He's made out of a manmade glass called opalite. Against black it has that effect. Really cool stuff-- even though it's a glass I call it my favorite stone. lol The turtle is just apaperweight. the tank was looking a little bare (I'd bought the gravel and two silk plants for it, had the floaters already.) So I pulled him out of my 5 gallon and rinsed him about 50 times in scalding hot water. The previous tank is fighting ich. But I'm pretty sure 10 mins under burning water kills it on a glass thing I can rub off. >> if not... well, Zariel's already at risk for infection cause I was stupid before. I'll treat him too if I need to. Just hoping I won't have to. xD
Old 07-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #4 
Oiseauii

Ohh okay, well it looks really neat!
Oiseauii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #5 
Rhapsodie

That's awesome! The floating plants kinda look like they're forming a trellis..
I thought all of the items could glow in the dark at first. That would be sooooo cool!
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #6 
elijahfeathers

None of them actually glow. lol

And man I love floating plants. I'd love to find some live ones for my 10 and 5 gallons. (Can LED lights even grow plants though? lol)