Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #5151 
vaygirl

Thanks Crys and Bahamut (you probably needed the sleep)!

Men can be supremely silly. I remember my Dad once asking me when I stopped believing his word was law and I said, "Dad, every girl who starts dealing with boys on a romantic level will look at their Dad one day and realize he's a man, just like all the other men." :P

Even my sweet, adorable husband keeps walking around here yelling.... "No more fishtanks!!!"

I don't know why it matters. Honestly. I think they just get the need to enforce something and it's the easiest thing.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #5152 
TheCrysCat

It's just worrying because he flat out yells at my mom and lectures her like she's a little kid. Tells her to "grow up" and start acting like my parent instead of my friend. Pardon? The reason I'm closer to her than him is because if I try to tell him anything, I get lectured. When I tell her something, I have a decent conversation. I'm a straight-A honors student who doesn't talk back, doesn't sneak out with friends or any of that nonsense. I think I deserve a lot better than he treats me.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #5153 
vaygirl

:( You do deserve better and it's good that you know that. People can be a real trial. Especially parents. As grown ups we're supposed to be the mature ones and the ones who remain reasonable and adult. It doesn't always work out that way. I know you know this but it's him. Not you. Not your Mom. He'd find something else if it wasn't fish.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #5154 
PewPewPew

I cant talk to my mom, not about anything. She's a fool who doesnt think things through and gets angry and belligerent over nothing. I could be seriously hurt, in trouble, anything...and she still would blame me for it, always.

My dad considers me less of his child then his other two children. I was his first child by 10 years.

Step mom hates me, though does it in a seedy, passive aggressive way (because she married my dad when I was very young and hated me for it).

My step dad is OCD, big time, and obsesses over small stuff and blows up constantly at everyone.

You've got it good. He may yell and be a jerk, but he loves you, and at least you've got a friend in your mom. :C

Ask him why they bother him so much. And just dont get another fish.

It wont kill you, and if you dont, there wont be more issues with him. Let it blow over and get better before it gets worse.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #5155 
TheCrysCat

That's exactly it. He actually had the balls to say that we neglect our pets (which is completely untrue) while he sits on the couch all day whining about how he's bored. And I'm not going to get another fish, for a while at least.It bothers him because it's the principle of him not wanting more pets, which I can understand, but... he's totally unreasonable about it. Like Vaygirl said, if it wasn't the fish, it would be something else. I know I have it a lot better than most people, but he gets really upsetting at times.

Last edited by TheCrysCat; 07-08-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #5156 
vaygirl

I've damaged stuff with water so at the very least I can see where Steve's coming from. My most recent escapade ended in my kitchen counter getting filled with water and warped up about half an inch at the corner seam when I neglected to notice Wraith's tank was leaking. It's pretty much ruined. I understand why he's nervous in that case. We have 8000 dollar laminate floors and I have 47 gallons of water on this floor. If we had an accident, I would be devastated. I worry about it all the time. So, if there's a reason, I get it. But there has to be a reason for ranting and raving.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #5157 
TheCrysCat

That's a valid reason, at least. With my dad, it's just because he doesn't want any more pets in the house, and I got a few fish. His main complaints with the pets is that they're noisy, smelly, wake him up in the middle of the night... the fish do none of that, and all but one are in my room. He didn't even want to feed them pellets when I was in California for three days, which would've taken him a whopping two minutes and it's not like it takes a brain surgeon to do. Other than that, I take care of them, not my mom, me. He's not worried about water damage or anything, he just doesn't like them on the principle that they're there. He also likes to whine about how the house is a mess, when it's not, and his office is ten times worse than everything in the house combined. But no, that's women's work, I guess.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #5158 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom is kind of like that. "You don't need any more blankety blank fish. !" She doesn't like the clutter. I'm 50, living with my mom. I've always lived with her except when I was in college. I feel embarrassed when I say my mom won't let me do this or that. I can't afford to live on my own and I can't drive. Sometimes parents get obsessive about stuff.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #5159 
fightergirl2710

Its understandable, when people get old they don't like change. My grandmum is 76 and she will be on my back for everything. But its ok, she lives alone with her grand daughters and makes most of our meals and goes to her clinic everyday except Sunday, so I can't blame her for being crabby.. It does get on my nerves sometimes though, when its too repetitive!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #5160 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom, too. She's in a lot of pain from her back and leg and I know she appreciates everything I do. I'm in the middle of boiling some noodles for a tuna casserole right now.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou