Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #1 
kngiraffe

Betta fish keeps flaring when I try to put a background up.? help.

i did have one of those sea like wallpapers on the back of my tank that you can buy at the pet store ever since i got Flame. I never had an issue with him flaring at it before until today. My last glofish died in my 5gallon tank, so i tore it down and i decided to move Flame on my nightstand where my old tank was, just so he was closer to me and i could keep an eye on him better. Well, a little bit after the move I noticed him flaring at the wallpaper, so i took it down. Well, i don't like my tank without so i tried to stick a piece of black paper behind it, thinking well it's black and not too bright it shouldn't bug him. he flared at that too.

Any advice on what in the world i should do.

this is what it looked like before. and i absolutely LOVED it.

that is what the tank looks lilke now without anything...it's gross looking

please help (:

also, any new ways to decorate my tank. some objects from around the house. best kind of gravel, no gravel? i wanna switch things up.

Last edited by kngiraffe; 07-08-2011 at 11:43 PM.
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #2 
rswfire

Bettas are so cool. You never know what will set them off, lol...

Some people like to crumple up aluminum foil, then uncrumple it, and use that as a background (so I've heard). I haven't tried it myself. Maybe he likes seeing his reflection and the tin foil would help, lol.
rswfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #3 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Bettas are so cool. You never know what will set them off, lol...

Some people like to crumple up aluminum foil, then uncrumple it, and use that as a background (so I've heard). I haven't tried it myself. Maybe he likes seeing his reflection and the tin foil would help, lol.
maybe i'll try that tomorrow. thank you (:

any other ideas on remodeling his tank?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #4 
rswfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
maybe i'll try that tomorrow. thank you (:

any other ideas on remodeling his tank?
Is it possible there's something else bothering him besides the background? Maybe that's like a "symptom" of something else... It seems really odd to me that he would be bothered by a background! But I do know my bettas are particular to certain colors -- one of them absolutely detests anything blue and will flare at it for hours. Another one of my bettas will flare at an unbaffled water filter for hours (trying to scare away an inanimate object, lol) -- he only stops when I baffle it!! So maybe it's a color thing or something, I don't know...

I'm not sure what you could do to redecorate, but I understand the desire. I'm constantly rearranging their homes.
rswfire is offline   Reply With Quote