Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #11 
Punki

Sometimes i think someone may have bred her before she went to the petco, im not sure if thats unusual or what, but when i got her she was missing that pectoral fin and eggy and i just thought "its a wonder she isnt being bred" She did seem to understand the whole spawn thing much better then oldman lol
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #12 
Sakura8

I know that a lot of the male bettas you see in pet stores are ex-breeders, so it's really possible for Electra. She's certainly beautiful enough to be a breeder.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #13 
Punki

Yeah usually the females are quite small, half the size of oldman (body size) but shes about the same size as he is, shes older then the average shelf female i think. Other then her darkened tail tips shes top quailty in my eyes, heck, even with it, because once conditioning her that dark tail tip turned a pink color and is cute :P
Old 07-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #14 
Sakura8

I love her coloring and how she's like a little blue-pink oreo, with the blue cream all sandwiched in between her pink face and tail. If a male gets her coloring, you could sell him on Aquabid. I bet he'd be stunning in full flare with those colors. With all due respect to Old Man, of course. Er ahem, Old Man, you are perfectly handsome too and we hope some of the spawn take after you as well!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #15 
Punki

LOL Id like a couple of grumpy young old mans with Electras colors :)) I would end up with combtails, but the degree of comb ill end up with im not sure. I really like the look though so its a personal batch cause who knows how long my oldman will live on since he was older when i got him.
Oldman is your typical blue/red color but with the lights off hes just a shimmery purple color, very pretty but ive seen others like him.
Im REALLY curious to what ill end up with, itll be vfery interesting and ill definitely post a spawn log and update pictures if the next time is successful :)
Old 07-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #16 
Sakura8

I bet a couple of males with Electra's coloring but Old Man's sparkly iridescence will be absolutely gorgeous. Yes, do post a spawn-log, I'll definitely read it. You must be so excited!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #17 
Punki

Yes, i cant wait to have little fry to look after and see how they turn out, and also know for sure i have a piece of my two :D. Poor little Electra doesnt like her bowl so i feel a bit guilty about it though, she is as active and healthy as ever, but just for piece of mind i want to aq salt her nips a few days, sorry Electra! Old man didnt even get a single nip, Shed flare and hed run off flaring and shaking his butt XD still flares in all his prefect veiltail glory today lol, what a nice girl.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 AM   #18 
Sakura8

Yes, she's too pretty to have anything happen to her, a bit of AQ salt won't hurt. She's just too active to be in a bowl. Such a carefree spirit.