Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #501 
vaygirl

Thanks Laughing. I certainly don't mind the enthusiasm. It helps. :D It really does change your life.

Good luck gettin' your muscles back! That's hard work too! It's so worth it though. I'll be starting My Shape on my Kinect. I've had it since Xmas but it's collecting dust. (shame, shame!)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #502 
dramaqueen
Banned

I lost 20 lbs on the South Beach diet a few years back but I gained it all back. I want to lose weight but just can't seem to get up the willpower. I guess you just have to do what Vaygirl did and wake up one morning, make up your mind and say this is it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #503 
vaygirl

I never tried South Beach. Do they give you food or do you make your own?

I have to be super organized with it. My biggest problem is always organization and my second is habit. Like I'll wake up late, run out the door and forget to eat. Then when I'm done errand-ing I'm starving and I want cheeseburgers. If I buy healthy stuff, I forget it's in there and I reach for the granola bars because that's my habit.

This time I cleaned out the cupboards and the fridge and today I went out and bought a white board for the fridge. I listed what I had bought for snacking (baby carrots, unsweetened applesauce, bananas, strawberries, veggies soup) so when I feel I need something, I remember what my choices are. I have to change my brain. It's easier this time around because I really know the Filling Foods list well. I just eat what's on the list. No points counting.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #504 
laughing

Yeah, DQ, it's on everyone's own time... You can't just force yourself into it, it has to be your decision, not because of social pressure or pressure from family/friends or wanting the attention for it, it has to be because you, all you, 100% want to change your life around and are sick of how you look/feel. Perhaps you are happy the way you are?? Or maybe years from now you'll have the same realization? You have to wait for it to come along, because if you force yourself, you'll gain it alllll back.

Thanks, Vay!!! I'm excited! My guy is super into working out and trains in MMA at a local gym with top UFC fighters, and I love hanging out there watching him and talking to everyone, but I figure it's about time I actually work out and enjoy the social aspect, not just sitting down at a table, ha ha! It's not going to be a big lifestyle change at all, so I have confidence! For my man, in about 3 months he almost has a six pack, o_0 If it's really that quick, well, I'll have no problem at all!! Even his mom is all, "What happened to your thighs?!" and now we're betting on if he'll be bigger than his dad, hehehe! (They're Hawaiian aka "Pacific Islander" and his father is HUGE!)

I'm excited, though, because I like the MMA stuff, too, but when I practice with him he always gets me in the first 2 minutes, when a couple years ago I could fight with him forever it felt like. Obviously he takes it easy on me, but it's sad that even with him taking it easy on me, I'm still a little girl about it... >.< So that was a huge motivation for me, too.

I had the wake up call, realizing my whole life was literally changing because of this, and I didn't want to continue down this path and become "fat & lazy". So I felt a strong need to change immediately before it was a habit and I was set in my ways for a long time..
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #505 
vaygirl

That's awesome. You've got all the tools right there! Kick his tail! And take a video! :D

My husband is into working out too. We have a home gym downstairs, weight machine, treadmill, bike. He's so dedicated. He works out every single day. It's easier for men to get buff. So unfair. :P
Old 07-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #506 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
That's awesome. You've got all the tools right there! Kick his tail! And take a video! :D

My husband is into working out too. We have a home gym downstairs, weight machine, treadmill, bike. He's so dedicated. He works out every single day. It's easier for men to get buff. So unfair. :P
IT IS! Geeez.

I sometimes can, if I get into the right position. The other day he was showing me the proper combination for punching, and how the proper stance was. When we fight though it's always more ground work, not us punching and kicking each other, So while strength plays a big part, it's also about your moves/positioning... I have gotten him into a few choke holds in the past and he finally gave up! HA! I will have to video us sometime, though, it really is so funny to watch us. If we do it at his parent's house his mom is always thinking we're doing something inappropriate, LOL!! The positions can be just a tad awkward and places go towards other places that to someone just walking in the room may perhaps find it to be us doing something else??

I really want to train in BJJ reaaally bad, but I don't have the money, unfortunately. He trains Muay Thai, Boxing, some BJJ, and works on sparring and grappling a lot with a mix. So he's starting to become very good (as if he wasn't before!) and he no longer can fight people outside of the gym, as he is seriously training at this point, and is considered a "weapon".
Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #507 
AngelicScars

Congrats on starting the WW! Good luck!

I set a goal before my vacation to Charleston to tone up and wear a bikini (first time after having kids, EEK!) I did it for 3 weeks (first time I stayed dedicated to working out for more then a week) and toned up well. I was a bit proud of myself. Though, since the trip I stopped because I'm not a fan of working out.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #508 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a treadmill available at my clubhouse but do I use it? Noooo! lol I used to be so dedicated and did it every day until I had my last knee surgery. Then I used the excuse that my knees hurt too much and stopped. I do walk outside a lot when it's not too hot or raining.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #509 
laughing

I love walking in the rain... :3
Old 07-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #510 
dramaqueen
Banned

It goe quicker if you have someone to walk with.