Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #21 
laughing

Ahhh, crap. I found the most gorgeous betta boy today, but thinking about rushing into a whole new set up for a new one just seemed stressful rather than fun. :/

So instead, I am getting a 5 gallon set up, or I will set up my 10 gallon and split it, then I will fully decorate it, wait for my Chard betta to come in, and decide from there who I will want to have as additions.

I'd rather pace myself, and enjoy them, and feel the thrill of getting a new one a year from now compared to buying them all at once and having no ability to add any more...

I would love to do a 20 gallon split into 4, and upgrade my 2 now into 5 gallons, and be done. So I will work to that!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #22 
TheBlueBettaFish

I pick A

Spoil your babies!
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #23 
Pitluvs

You guys are some lucky... for me to get a new Betta I had to buy the fish, 3 silk plants, the tank, new food, water conditioner, rocks and a cave. Cost me $94 every time I want to add a Betta here. I am jealous of how cheap things can be there!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #24 
Shimizoki

Pitluvs, why not spring for the 20gal tank and dividers? then you dont need to keep buying heaters, lights, filters, etc. From then on all your new fish will cost 5 bucks for the fish.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #25 
Pitluvs

I have quite a few tanks here I could divide. It's not for us. I'd rather treat one fish if something happens, then a whole tank of Bettas, especially with expensive breeders! But thanks for looking out for my pocket book haha

I'm never looking for the cheapest option, but whats best for my pets.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #26 
laughing

It is very cheap... I love Walmarts 10 gallon kits with the tank, lighted hood, and filter for $30!! Filters alone cost me $10-$25!

I want a 5 gallon for just a single fish, and really want this one because oooooo flourescent lighting! ;) I haven't found one I like, so I might just wait awhile. I have my Chard betta coming in at the end of August probably, so I can wait! I think I am stopping at one more. I have to start thinking about the future, and bringing 9 bettas around every where when I move doesn't sound pleasent. What sounds pleasent? A 20 gallon long divided into 3! <3 I guess my community fish and Kaida are staying at my mom's, she's too attached...

Therefore, I think my last one will be very special, and will probably be an AB betta or one that I cannot live without from the pet store. If I find one I adore at the pet store, I will probably do the 20 gallon thing and then do the 5 gallon.

The 20 gallon set up will have very high lighting and fertilizers. All live plants! The dividers will be completely covered in moss so they can't see each other. I will probably use a small sponge filter in each division, just so each gets proper filtration. It'll be a big, costly project, but I will love to see the bettas with such room and with all the live plants thriving under proper lighting! Each fish will have nearly 7 gallons, and plenty of horizontal space, so this will make me very satisfied and feel comfortable. The 5 gallon (potential) will probably house the smallest, or the more "aggressive" fish that can't handle that setting.

I'm very excited to start my project!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #27 
flowerslegacy

I say FISH. I'm researching plants vs. the effects on your water parameters ie. Ph, Gh, Kh. Whew! You need to be a chemist to do it all right! I say go for the fish!
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote