Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #11 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
That goes for me too, except I would get blue/ turquoise marbles :3
im just waiting for jul24 for my green/turquoise marble DT male. will have everything ready when he comes along.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #12 
Luimeril

one of the girls i'm gonna get is gonna be stuck in a one gallon bowl until i can get her a bigger tank. x: after that, i'll just have a half-gallon Kritter Keeper. >.>;
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #13 
fightergirl2710

I'm jealous X3!!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

It was easy for me. I hit my current number of bettas while working full-time, and suddenly had two hours or so of water changes to do when I got home every night. It made me realise that my hobby was quickly becoming a chore, and I haven't purchased any fish for some time now.

Recently I picked up a 450 litre tank to divide up into 14 bays for my males so that I can cut back on my water usage and half our electricity bill.

Plus it seems there's always something wrong with my bettas no matter how excellent the care I provide. Honestly, it wears thin after about the hundredth time and has put me off ever having so many of them ever again.

It does become an addiction, but sometimes you have to stop and think whether you are spending enough time appreciating what you have. I came to realise I was barely even looking at my fish in between water changes, and that's not why I got into the hobby at all.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #15 
flowerslegacy

Awesome advice from LittleBettaFish. In all honesty (from my last post), all pets require time and care. After a few aquatic health issues, parasites, etc. and you quickly realize how much work it can be. I think I changed water in my 25 gal over 100 times when I got a couple of diseases from new fish. It was a huge drag. I'm fortunate to have a stay-at-home business so I can maintain my hobby at my pace. But like LittleBettaFish stated, it's good to have time to appreciate all you have instead of maintaining all you have.
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote