Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #1 
PinkBetta264

Culture Help??

I put this post last night in the betta emergency thread, but I didn't get any help, so I copied to here, hoping someone could share some advice.

Worm Starter Culture
I'm not sure where to put this post...but thought it a bit of an emergency...today I received my starter cultures MW,BW & WW...now unfortunatly I have to fly out first thing Wed morning for a funeral, what can I do to keep these cultures safe until I get back on Sunday, or have I just lost my money?? These are new to me, they came with directions on how to grow the cultures, but with me having to leave...Im at a loss.

Anyone with some worm culture experience???? They are in individual ziplock bags, in a cereal/oatmeal base.
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #2 
HD4life

Im not sure about the other worms but I have MW. Really they will be fine, You keep them at room temperature and covered, they will take care of themselves, you really dont have to do anything with them but make a new culture every few weeks when the food gets old, so I think your fine.
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #3 
youlovegnats

All you have to do is set up more oatmeal/water mix with some yeast and put the whole packet in there. They'll multiply in no time! Make sure that the container you use has holes in it for oxygen and keep them in a dark place (they don't really like light).
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote