Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #11 
Pataflafla

Well, he seems to be doing ok with the tea. The water is a murky brown with no salts for today to give him a bit of a breather. He's still having some swimbladder issues, but he's staying mostly upright. I'm pretty sure he at half of a bloodworm today since I could only find 1 half floating.

I also bought some Jungle Parasite Pellets that I will probably begin to use if his swim bladder issues keep returning even with his small amount of food. If I find another floating poop with a parasite in it, I will definitely begin with that treatment.

Thanks for all the help with the tea, now I'll know how to use it for the future sickies I am sure to buy.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #12 
fightergirl2710

If he has constant SB problems, I suggest not using the aq salt. It makes it worse. Instead use epsom salt, it removes bloating and unlike aq salt can be used for a longer time. Quantity and usage is the same as aq salt. It will help the fin rot and gills as well but not as fast as aq salt. The best thing is that it does no harm to the fish even after long term usage. :D
Edit: If you found a worm in his poo once, chances are there are more, so you should medicate him for it.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #13 
Pataflafla

I wanted to give him a break from everything since he's been on salts for swim bladder and ammonia burns as well as parasite meds for the first 3 days. I'll start the parasite treatment tomorrow if he's willing to eat the pellets. If not, then he'll go on epsom salts.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #14 
fightergirl2710

That sounds like a plan :). Keep us posted!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #15 
Pataflafla

Edward has unfortunately passed away. I walked in my room to check on him and he was on the bottom. I gently prodded him to the surface with the round end of a measuring spoon but there was no movement. Upon closer inspection he gills were not even moving and when I raised him out of the water there was no response.

His brain is destroyed and he is buried in the backyard under the lantana bush by the pool. Edward lasted a complete four days and will be missed. At least he was given a chance to get better instead of dying in the Petsmart cup.

Thank you all for your help with Edward. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #16 
fightergirl2710

I'm so sorry you lost him Pataflafla! :(
I'm sure he appreciated all that you did for him... At least he knew what clean water and a lot of love and care felt like before he died. Poor guy.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #17 
Sakura8

Aww, I'm so sorry you lost Edward. :( But you tried and he certainly had the best four days of his life while in your care. He may have just been too sick from being a pet store betta.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote