Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #221 
laughing

Okay, okay, pictures as promised!

You can't see his damage in these pics, so I love these ones. You can see how fat he is, though! Thank goodness I convinced them to switch him to WAY less grain and higher quality hay.
Attached Images

laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #222 
Sakura8

That is an, uh, interesting riding school you have there. It doesn't sound very professionally run, to be honest. But I wish you all the best of luck with your gelding and keep us posted on how he's doing.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #223 
laughing

It's not >_> It's being run by a new teacher now who hopefully takes it more seriously. Our previous one had those "backyard" horses and doesn't really highly value horses but loves them. I think in her mind, a horse that is fed/watered is perfectly fine.

The place they boarded before was AWESOME. They had amazing facilities, lots of pasture turn outs, many riding rings/corrals/turn-outs/hot walkers, and everything was way more professional. Horses even get bedding! (Gee, strange concept here... -.- ) They switched because some students got yelled at for "using too much water" because they left the hose running. GAH!!!

This new woman is so far very nice, and she finally listened and switched my gelding to higher quality hay and way less grain. He's barely worked, so I personally think he should be on only hay, but this is at least better... for now! Before he was getting a whole full large scoop of grain a day! And now they all have lovely shavings for beddings that actually pads, and their water bales were completely full. Not to mention, amazingly enough, there was contact info on the stalls this time! *SHOCKER*

I hope things look up. So far, they have with this new woman, the abscess wasn't her fault at all, but the past woman's.

I will tell you his progress, definitely. I can't wait to see him again, see if they're doing something, or if I really will have to do this all myself. Let's hope for the first!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #224 
Sakura8

That moving part sounds like my riding school. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful grounds with an old-fashioned stable, cross-ties, indoor arena, outdoor arena, huge pastures, bathing stalls, the works. But the head instructor got in a fight with the owner of the land and we moved to a little place with prefab barns, dirt turnouts, and a small round pen as our arena. I actually had to stop riding a few years after the move because of a health problem but I've never stopped wondering what happened to my instructor and the horses. This is over fifteen years ago.

*hugs to your gelding and tell him a friend in CA says get better soon*
Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #225 
laughing

Bahaha, I'm in AZ!

If I ever take him to the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, and he gets out of this situation, you should come see him ;) Well, then again, it is televised, so you can watch us online/on TV!

It kills me to think I may have to get rid of him and him not have his show career, but I know it'll be better for him. If not, I'll pick up another horse and will start them off in a better situation than he is.

My friend who seriously shows was just in CA for regionals in Arabians and did very well in her classes! I'm so proud of her! Now she's about to go to New Mexico for nationals, and invited me with, which is my dream, but it's for 10 days and I can't be gone that long... So I asked my guy and if he gets a free weekend we might go up!

I just want this gelding. He and I get along so well, he has this stunning buckskin color that is eye catching in the ring, always keeps a very mellow head set, and goes both English and Western which is a HUGE bonus....
Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #226 
Sakura8

I'll say some prayers that you get him. And yes, he is a stunning color. Buckskin is a fairly rare color and your guy just shines.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #227 
laughing

He has his dorsal stripe, too, which I just adore.

You should see him after I bathe him, get all of his dead hair out, and spray sheen on him. He's just so stunning! I also like when I black out his muzzle more, it just makes him pop.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #228 
Sakura8

Does he have the zebra markings down his legs too?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #229 
laughing

Psh, I wish!

All 4 legs are completely blacked out though, which I loooove. You can see in the 2nd picture! He also is that rich, gold, deep buckskin, not the lighter or dappled buckskins. He's a stunner!