Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #1 
bettaboyshiva

Arrow wondering what would be the offspring?

1) Hi everyone my red devil halfmoon betta bred with my red devil crown female...i was wondering if anyone knew what the offspring would turn out to be. I was thinking maybe/maybe not they would turn out to be deltas or veiltails?

2) I have a bunch of baby bettas (crown) and they are about a week and a half old would it be to early to change them to another tank or should i just keep doing partial water changes and leave them there?
bettaboyshiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #2 
BettaRepublic

Hi bettaboyshiva, and welcome to BettaFish.com!
You know what, I'll ask the breeding experts about ur question and post here again with the answer.
BettaRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #3 
youlovegnats

Hey there bettaboy, and welcome!

1) you would most likely get halfsuns-they are Halfmoons with some spikey finnage- and some really pretty CT's ^__^ No you wouldn't get any Veiltails but you might get some Deltas with spikes as well.

2) I would leave them for now. You can move them if you want, but it's better to be safe in my opinion. Awww baby bettas! :D

EDIT: scratch the CT's, I thought your male was a CT xD. But usually the fry take after the mother more so than the dad, so you never really know what you'll get!
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #4 
bettaboyshiva

Thank you for the replies BettaRepublic, Youlovegnats... and thank you for the welcome ;D ...now i have 3 sets of babies to take care of, the red CT male bred with a royalblue/green/red female CT ....and i will have the hm/ct eggs hatching in a day or 2...plus the week and a half old CT babies whose both parents are red devil CT's alot of babies...gotta keep the brine shrimp bubbling...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #5 
BettaRepublic

just raise the shrimps in cups/jars and keep them by the jarring facility (where you jar the males) for easy access.
BettaRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #6 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaRepublic View Post
just raise the shrimps in cups/jars and keep them by the jarring facility (where you jar the males) for easy access.
ok thanx will do!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

1. you will get HM or dT (depending on if mom is a perfect HMCT or a dTCT) and CT BUT they will have uneven web reduction. If you continue the line you will end up with comb tail/halfsun in F3.

2. If your tank is big enough, I'd leave them there until at least 2 weeks. When you move them, make sure they are acclimated slowly.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #8 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
1. you will get HM or dT (depending on if mom is a perfect HMCT or a dTCT) and CT BUT they will have uneven web reduction. If you continue the line you will end up with comb tail/halfsun in F3.

2. If your tank is big enough, I'd leave them there until at least 2 weeks. When you move them, make sure they are acclimated slowly.
1. the mom is perfect HMCT and the Dad a pretty HM...i have a huge cluster of eggs now soo im jus waiting for them to hatch.

2. I switched the tanks sucessfully this evening and they are back to normal and eating shrimp greedily lol..i think they had no problems because i left the water in the new tank next to them for 2 days so it basically had the same tempreture and i conditioned the water with almond leaf etc..not to much to get it brown but its ok mild dye.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #9 
youlovegnats

ooohh! Keep us posted!
Do you have any pictures of your spawns?? I wanna see the babies! :D
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #10 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
ooohh! Keep us posted!
Do you have any pictures of your spawns?? I wanna see the babies! :D
I will post pics as soon as i find the charger for my cam, i have some on my phone but its not all that clear. I will try and put them up from the phone later