Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #1 
Jirothebetta

Cool The joys of betta parent hood...

I just got through feeding my little baby betta for the evening and you know, I just can't think of anything more rewarding than watching a baby betta you helped bring into the world munching down on brine shrimp that you hatched yourself. It brings joy to my heart to see how my little betta lights up when I put any sort of live food in there, just to see him hunting down the little morsals and seeing his little belly fill up with good stuff...I mean sure, there are other fish in the world, but Betta's are just so personable, and they require so much effort on our part in those first few weeks of life you can't help but be a little joyful at seeing them in good health, doing what little bettas are supposed to do, any one else out there know what I'm talking about...

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 07-16-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've never bred mine but, yeah, it must be a wonderful feeling, knowing that you helped to create something so beautiful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #3 
cajunamy
Banned

it's awesome isn't it? they feel like my babies, and not betta babies :)
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #4 
Jirothebetta

I know right, I think it would be hard not to get attached to the little boogers, they take a lot of effort for such tiny fish and its so easy to lose them that its hard not to be a little appreciative of them just being alive in the first place...

This little guy, for instance, came from my first successful spawn, he was the only one who survived that first clueless week or two and I can't help but feel like I've accomplished something every time I look at him. He's so cute and tiny, pretty much see through, you can even see his little heart pumping if you look close enough...
Old 07-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

Although I have never raised Bettas, I have lost my two boys a weekish ago and it took everything for me to go out and get my Ben. To see him swim to the front of the tank when we see's me, and swim to the top when I lift the lid is so heart warming. When I reach down to pick up his frozen food, I look up to see him wiggling in delight at the thought of numnums. He begs so well!! But once I see him swim away all content and happy, I feel amazing knowing that he's here and healthy, and he actually likes me! I can't imagine not taking him home... I don't want to imagine it. He's awesome. Hope it was ok to post this!! I know I never raised him but to actually have one thrive in my care and get to know ME, it's awesome.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #6 
Jirothebetta

Of course its okay This thread is all about betta love, and what you posted was exactly the same emotions I was talking about, they seem to have that affect on anyone who bothers to take care of them no matter if there an aquabid beauty, a pet store pretty boy, or a homemade betta baby...they are just one of those critters that put out what you put in...I have to say it is kinda extra special when you raise them from egg hood though