Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #11 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshesMom View Post
and trust me you cant flush that..

Sorry, but I have def been there. We have had koi that were like 20 inches long die. However, if you have a tree to plant, they make great fertilizer! Unfortunately my mom keeps them in the freezer until we do have trees to plant.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #12 
Jrf456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post

Sorry, but I have def been there. We have had koi that were like 20 inches long die. However, if you have a tree to plant, they make great fertilizer! Unfortunately my mom keeps them in the freezer until we do have trees to plant.
Oh gosh.. I would like scream if I saw that in the freezer LOL.

" Hey dad, where's the ice cream bars? "
" It's wrapped up in that towel, son "
" Okay thanks.. wait.. EEEEEWWW AHHH! "
" THE OTHER TOWEL "

LOL that would so happen to me. Great idea though, very natural and better than like fertilizer you buy at the store..
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #13 
Luimeril

my goldfish, Goldy, was a common goldfish. he lived in a 29 gallon with a Pleco. that size tank isn't even big enough for his kind, but we were gonna upgrade him to a huge pond, but he died. .___o 11-13 years old(i can't remember exactly how old he was), and that's only half his life expectancy! he would have lived longer, but he and the pleco(Oscar the Grouch lol) got parasites from the wild-caught fish my dad would bring home and plop in the tank with them. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #14 
Nymmers

Get the 10G, split it and get some more bettas! I have 2, 10G's split enough for 4 bettas, and people say they don't have side to side room, they have approx 5 inches, which may not sound like a lot. But they have 10in to swim from the from to back, which is a lot, people don't take that into account. (which technically if you put a 10G on a self side-ways they'd be swimming side-to-side) ^^ <3 I have a bubble nest in every section so they seem happy enough, but only get as many as you can handle! =D
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #15 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymmers View Post
Get the 10G, split it and get some more bettas! I have 2, 10G's split enough for 4 bettas, and people say they don't have side to side room, they have approx 5 inches, which may not sound like a lot. But they have 10in to swim from the from to back, which is a lot, people don't take that into account. (which technically if you put a 10G on a self side-ways they'd be swimming side-to-side) ^^ <3 I have a bubble nest in every section so they seem happy enough, but only get as many as you can handle! =D
Personal opinion! But I would rather three in the tank, not just for the side to side, but if split into 4, the ones in the middle only have 5in of viewing to the outside world, the ones on the side have 15". I know my boys LOVE seeing us as much as we see them :)

If the OP goes with 2, 3 or 4... it's still better than getting goldfish :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote