Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #1 
Indyfishy

Unhappy Difficult situation =(

One of my bettas, Finley, is acting like he's depressed =/. He's not sick that i know of, he gets one 50% and one 100% water change every week (2.5 gallon filtered tank), and nothing in his tank has changed to make him this way. Usually he's just a happy-go-lucky kind of guy! But lately he's just been kind of... droopy. He doesn't flair, and he's not patrolling his tank like he used to. He just kind of sits there.
Ok so now I come to the hard part. Finley is a very social fish, but right now he is in a place in my house that is a very low traffic area (i just don't have another place to put him right now). I think he may perk up if I moved him, but the only other place I can put him is where my other betta, Vincent, is.
Vincent is not as social. It's not that he doesn't like people, he just only likes people that he sees all the time . Vincent is 3 years old, I've had him for over two years, and he's been in the same place in my house his entire life. His area is much more high traffic than finley's (he's right next to my desk, so i'm pretty much right by him all day).
I think Finley would benefit from some more human interaction, and I think Vincent could do with more quiet in his old age. However, I don't want to majorly stress either of them by moving them to a different spot. Especially Vincent, he's old, he has a tumor, and he's very feeble.
I planned on moving Finley into Vincent's spot when Vincent passed away, and i thought Vincent would have been gone by now considering the severity of his condition. But he's still here, and he's not showing any signs of going any time soon so I don't know what to do now

So, the question is, to move or not to move?????
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

I'd be careful with Vincent but I think if you wanted to move Finley you could think of a more high traffic place. Like maybe the living room or even the kitchen.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote