Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #1 
MorganC2010

Filter Issues.

Last week I finaly bought a 5 gallon tank kit for Tiberius. After plugging the in the filter I realized the current coming out of the top is too strong. Tiberius enjoyed playing in it for a while but when he was hiding behind his house I knew he had enough. So since then I have only left it on for small periods during the day.

I heard and have seen pictures that people have posted on here of a sponge rubber banded to where the water comes out. I want to do that but I was wondering if any clean/new sponge will work. I know to make sure that it dosen't have cleaning chemicals in it or anything but I wanted your opinion.
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

You also have to be careful about anti mildew products that may be on the sponges at grocery stores...I usually use aquarium sponges just to be on the safe side..Sometimes you can buy them pretty big too so they can be cut down to size and you can stuff the other piece in the filter to help hold more beneficial bacteria. :)
I use these mostly because they're what I can find locally:
http://www.petco.com/product/107996/...es_FilterMedia
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #3 
TheCrysCat

Yeah, I just got a sponge from Petco meant to clean the sides. I cannot stress enough how great it is - the baffle, I mean, not the sponge itself. The sponge is just a sponge :P
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote