Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #1 
Sara07013

Bloated and not eating =(

My betta has been bloated and not eating for over a week now...I was told to use the epsom salt and I started him on that yesterday. Today is day two and the bloating hasn't gone down nor has he pooped and his tummy is starting to look silverish. Could this be more than constipation? I can't get a picture of him because my camera quality is terrible. How long should I continue the epsom treatment until I should try something else?
Sara07013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #2 
DarkMoon17

I'm sorry your betta still isn't feeling well. Can you fill out the sticky at the top of the disease section? That will help us figure out what's wrong. If you have a photo that will also help a lot. Is he pineconned at all? Are his scales raised?
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

We need more information and by reading your other post- Darkmoon gave good information for the current symptoms in that thread...It can take 5-7 days before you start to see any improvement with most treatments....sorry....not very many-if any, quick cures or magic bullets......the other part of treatment is finding the root cause....unless the root cause is fixed this will be an on-going problem for your Betta...if you will complete the sticky information we can help you with that too....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote