Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #11 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Yeah, but did you see the dogs? They're the kind of dogs I generally (stereotypically, I'm sure) associate with super rich people. Borzois and greyhounds. Man, I can only imagine how much that would cost. And then it sounded like some people pay those guys to do water changes and tank maintenance on top of everything. Dude, if you can't change the water yourself, don't get fish.
LMAO @ DOGS. I totally agree. Judging from the size of their living room alone, I would assume they are somewhat wealthy.

Also to be fair for the owners, they've had that fish for AGES, and judging the size of the previous tank (that looked fairly clean IMO) I think they just loved Piglet too much to give him away, so they gave him a better home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Once every six months? XD They needed 3 hoses to fill the monster!
Yeah, those were snooty people dogs lol!
Yeah I was trying to catch on how often they did water changes, and they have this crazily cool input/outtake system that pretty much does it for you, so you probably need to call a maintenance crew in maybe only once in a while :P

I know a lot of huge tanks at restaurants and stuff also have complex systems and have crews come in maybe once a month or whatever.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #12 
fightergirl2710

Yeah, they said they've made a special drainage system to make water changes easier.. They also keep mentioning the client wants to do the maintenance on her own.. O.o
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #13 
laughing

For a tank that size, I would call in professionals, too. For my 20 gallon I have someone help me. It's too complex for 900 gallons, and you probably need special maintenance crews anyways for such a system. Like, they don't do water changes, but rather filter/septics/drainage/etc that requires a special crew that no normal owner can do.

I think they got the fish when it was small from a store, once it grew and grew they were good fish owners and kept upgrading. Too many owners go 'oh fish is too big' and flush/sell the fish and don't care at all, so I found this video to be very heart warming as well!

Also, I don't think Greyhounds are 'rich people' dogs, there are thousands of Greyhounds up for adoption in the US alone that can be purchased cheaply, my old neighbors weren't rich at all and had 3! Borzois I can see more of a fancy rich people dog, though. They're harder to come by.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #14 
fightergirl2710

Laughing, greyhounds just look like rich people dogs because they're all thin and aristocratic looking, I didn't mean they were literally.. Lol!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #15 
laughing

Gotcha ;) I thought it was a status symbol... Like how I think every owner of a Rhodesian Ridgeback is a serious jogger/marathon runner... LOL!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #16 
vaygirl

Hey, if I could pay someone to maintain my tanks, I might consider it. :P Alright, I'm too hands on for that but managing a system that big is well beyond most people. A 25% water change would be more then 200 gallons. O.o You HAVE to have a system for that. You'd spend all day with the bucket going back and forth otherwise. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #17 
BetterBetta

At first I thought they scooped Piglet out of the first tank with a frying pan xD
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #18 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBetta View Post
At first I thought they scooped Piglet out of the first tank with a frying pan xD

LOL I DID TOO XD!!!! *YUM*YUM*

Piglet: D8
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #19 
Sakura8

I wonder if they named him Piglet while he was still cute and little or after he grew up and REALLY started to resemble a piglet. When they scooped him out and he was all flat in the net, I just kept thinking, "He looks like a slab of ham."

Wonder if they knew giant gouramis really get giant when they got him?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Hey, if I could pay someone to maintain my tanks, I might consider it. :P Alright, I'm too hands on for that but managing a system that big is well beyond most people. A 25% water change would be more then 200 gallons. O.o You HAVE to have a system for that. You'd spend all day with the bucket going back and forth otherwise. :P
You'd need a garden hose to syphon water out of the tank. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote