Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Haha, that's great. I tried a bottle cap in my sorority and they all ignored it. It eventually got caught against the filter. Snobby little girls.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #12 
Pataflafla

The caps keep drifting to the side of the tank, but there's no filter in my tank to get caught on. I wonder if he would like red or blue. I guess I'll have to get a coke next time I go to the store or something. I'm going to experiment with Moonshoes Potter tomorrow to see which color of the two he's best with. The hospital tank is a little boring with no gravel and a small plant.

Maybe I should try dragging something a little smaller through the water for them to chase too. Any ideas on what might sink, but will be small enough and safe enough for them to chase? Non of their food sinks, and even if it did it wouldn't get the chance to. Maybe I have a shiny fishing lure I can dismantle for parts.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Try green also. They might like green. Hmm. What about those fishing lures that are like wiggly worms? If you removed the hook, maybe they'd chase that a bit. You can also try putting one or two round marbles (not the flat ones) in the QT tank and pushing them around with your finger. Maybe they'll be interested by them rolling around.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #14 
Pataflafla

Yeah, one of the wiggly lures. They might like that. Maybe not Ratchet because he's above chasing, but Frog and Yorick aren't.

And Moonshoes Potter probably wouldn't like my finger in his tank. He gets all skiddish when I walk by his tank, but I think that all has to do with the tank size and lack of hiding places. He's even worse once he spots a camera. I'll try a bottle cap with him for now, and then maybe some chasing once he's in my 10 gal.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Good luck. I hope they have fun playing.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #16 
Pataflafla

I made a toy out of a plastic button and some thread, and it's a hit with everyone. Ratchet is completely vicious with it and Frog likes to chase it. Moonshoes likes to look at it, but if it moves he wants nothing to do with it.

My sister's sorority likes to follow it around and bite it, her veil tail likes to flare at it, and her halfmoon with a tumor flares at it and chases it until it's out of his tank.

Hopefully this will encourage Ratchet to stop his tail biting and wait for playtime. He's also decided that pushing and biting the yellow bottle cap is ok.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #17 
Silverfang

I... never thought of this! I love it! I'm gonna have to give Scuzi his own lil romper room when I Get home to him.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #18 
Sakura8

Playtime with bettas! Yay!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #19 
Pataflafla

This is the toy:
Name:  001 (10).jpg
Views: 21
Size:  30.0 KB
And this is the new setup:
Name:  002 (9).jpg
Views: 22
Size:  79.6 KB
Old 07-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #20 
Sakura8

They all look happy and now they have play time to look forward to, also.