Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #1 
GunsABlazin

Crazy Fish Lady/Man!

So i saw a thread like this on a forum my mom joined (backyardchickens). They would each share a crazy senario where they had gone above and beyond the norm for a featherd friend (i.e..."CCL, when you have a rooster crowing as your ring tone" or "When you fall asleep with a chick on a heating pad in your bed becuse his moma rejected him")

Now, why dont we give this a try? See who is best suited for the title "crazy Fish lady/man"

...When you spend hours a day hunting for the perfect pool of water that just might hide a mob of Mosquito larvae to feed your fish.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #2 
diablo13

Lol, nice thread. Mine was when I first got Diablo, I just started looking at this forum( joined in July, been looking since like march) my basement was being renovated, I climbed over twenty feet of miscallenious stuff( a toilet, a bookshelf, and more random stuff) and carried the 5 gallon that must be at least 5 pounds( like nothing, but seems more carried over random stuff) Lol
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #3 
lemonpebbles

Ooh! This looks fun! When your friends invite you to go see a movie and you say "Sorry, I have to clean the house!" but really you just want to stay home and play with your betta :T
lemonpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #4 
laughing

For me;

1. When you close your eyes and see male bettas swimming/flaring against the black.

2. When you know all your pet store locations and rotate through them throughout the week so you don't look so insane, but the employees still know you, what you own, and what you bought 2 days ago... and in those 2 days you were at at least 2 other pet stores.

And those are the truth!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Whgen you walk into Petsmart and an employee says, so, are you going to buy another betta today? lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #6 
GunsABlazin

:) these are all adorable.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #7 
LittleBettaFish

I have a couple of crazy fish woman stories to share:

1. When you tramp through a few kilometres of bushland paranoid some big angry male 'roo is going to jump out and thump you, all in the hunt for the perfect piece of wood for your tank.

Then, you get home and realise your 'rough' size approximations are so out, it looks like the whole darn tree fell in your tank.

2. When your neighbours think you're insane because you sit next to a clam wading pool in your yard with a net and a bucket catching mosquito larvae for your fish.

Then when you discover a colony of mosquitoes living on your roof and remember that you left that container of larvae sitting on your cupboard

3. When every room in the house except the bathroom has a fish tank in it. And more than 70% of the space in your bedroom is dedicated to your 'hobby'.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

Forgoing a good nights sleep to do water changes after working 8 hours and going to 5 hours of class and doing homework.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #9 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I have a couple of crazy fish woman stories to share:

1. When you tramp through a few kilometres of bushland paranoid some big angry male 'roo is going to jump out and thump you, all in the hunt for the perfect piece of wood for your tank.

Then, you get home and realise your 'rough' size approximations are so out, it looks like the whole darn tree fell in your tank.

2. When your neighbours think you're insane because you sit next to a clam wading pool in your yard with a net and a bucket catching mosquito larvae for your fish.

Then when you discover a colony of mosquitoes living on your roof and remember that you left that container of larvae sitting on your cupboard

3. When every room in the house except the bathroom has a fish tank in it. And more than 70% of the space in your bedroom is dedicated to your 'hobby'.
I thought I was bad! You made me smile so big! Can you use regular wood, soak/boil it, and weight it down in your tanks?! That could save me a crap load on driftwood...
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #10 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
I thought I was bad! You made me smile so big! Can you use regular wood, soak/boil it, and weight it down in your tanks?! That could save me a crap load on driftwood...
Yeah one of our couriers thinks I live online because I get most of my fishy hardware delivered. But it's just so much cheaper that way.

I use old eucalypt wood that's probably been sitting out in the back paddocks of my nan and pa's farm for half a century. I just give it a good blast with the pressure hose, scrub anything else off with steel wool and then let it soak a while in a bin of water.

Some collected wood leeches out chemicals that can harm your betta (pine is one that comes to mind), but if you visit any lakes or rivers and pull out a few waterlogged branches they should be fairly safe.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote