Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #1981 
Neil D

No. That question made me laugh from the sheer randomness! Bettas are 100% carnivorous. Meat ONLY, even though pellets arent 100%, still...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #1982 
roarsirroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
It'll send some out like that, yeah. Tame them with MOAR thread! lol! It will need time, but eventually, it will begin to stick.
hahah ahh i see thank you! i hate to bother you but two new questions have hit me about my little anubias. (pictures included, woot!)

1) what is this on the roots? the little ball parts are quite hard. i am afraid to be agressive with it and pull it off cause i don't want to disrupt the latching roots .__.

2) my leaves have changed color over two weeks...are they just aging?
two weeks ago:

today:

i appreciate your help!<3
roarsirroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #1983 
bettaloverforever16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
No. That question made me laugh from the sheer randomness! Bettas are 100% carnivorous. Meat ONLY, even though pellets arent 100%, still...
Yes, i'm not stupid XD
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #1984 
bahamut285

@JKFish: Thanks for answering! I'll definitely PM you the results XD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #1985 
roarsirroar

ehhh nevermind about the second question...thats a bad photo. it not its deep green color anymore and it has changed tint, but that picture has bad lighting :p (whoops!)
roarsirroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #1986 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaloverforever16 View Post
Yes, i'm not stupid XD
What? I responded to your question didn't I? :-p *mutters under breath*
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #1987 
nel3

what should i prepare to pick up my betta, its due to ship soon and its damn hot lately. i plan to go by public transport but yesterday the temperature were 33-38 celsius depending on humidity and mode of transportation (no AC on any public transport). i have a lunchbox/12 can container, i plan to put bags of cool water around the shipping bag. anything else that is useful to have on me when i bring it home?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1988 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarsirroar View Post
hahah ahh i see thank you! i hate to bother you but two new questions have hit me about my little anubias. (pictures included, woot!)

1) what is this on the roots? the little ball parts are quite hard. i am afraid to be agressive with it and pull it off cause i don't want to disrupt the latching roots .__.

2) my leaves have changed color over two weeks...are they just aging?
two weeks ago:

today:

i appreciate your help!<3
I really dont know what that stuff is, actually. If it doesnt move and wont come off, I guess just dont mess around with it. If it begins to spread off the plan and onto things (minus what the plant is stuck to), dont worry about it. Probs just some strange anubias love goop and its trying to breed or ohgodIDK D;

The leaves of an anubias vary in color-- lighter leaves are from more light, and in low light, theyre very deep green :) When they begin to get really pale and translucent, theyre getting too much light (very high light required) or theyve been injured, or the tank isnt clean enough to their liking. :B

And you is welcome. <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
what should i prepare to pick up my betta, its due to ship soon and its damn hot lately. i plan to go by public transport but yesterday the temperature were 33-38 celsius depending on humidity and mode of transportation (no AC on any public transport). i have a lunchbox/12 can container, i plan to put bags of cool water around the shipping bag. anything else that is useful to have on me when i bring it home?
That sounds good. Keep a blanket or cloth in there to have the bags not contact the bag your fish is in, and allow it to sit in there a while. Keep a thermometer in there to monitor the temp :D

When you take the fish out of its box, try and do so in a dark space (to avoid shock from being in dark transport)...perhaps ask a person at the mail center if you could go to a place that is darker, or if they can shut the lights off in an area for you. They might, if you explain the situation :)
(mind, it doesnt need to be pitch black or anything, but darker is better)

And then when you get home, gently and slowly introduce the fish to the light while in a darker room, acclimate at least 30minutes, etcetcetc.

And man, that blows! Why no ac?! D:
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #1989 
JKfish

Nel, IMO, it might be safer for you to wait to unpack your fish until you get home. Breeders and transhippers are typically good about packing the fish in the boxes securely so there is minumum splashing. Just keep the box in the shade if possible.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #1990 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post

That sounds good. Keep a blanket or cloth in there to have the bags not contact the bag your fish is in, and allow it to sit in there a while. Keep a thermometer in there to monitor the temp :D

When you take the fish out of its box, try and do so in a dark space (to avoid shock from being in dark transport)...perhaps ask a person at the mail center if you could go to a place that is darker, or if they can shut the lights off in an area for you. They might, if you explain the situation :)
(mind, it doesnt need to be pitch black or anything, but darker is better)

And then when you get home, gently and slowly introduce the fish to the light while in a darker room, acclimate at least 30minutes, etcetcetc.

And man, that blows! Why no ac?! D:
thank you for the reply, would the thermometer i have in my 2.5g tank do? its going directly to the transhipper, he's dealt with bettas before so i dont have too many worries but i'll do so in a darker place. i guess its best to keep the bags empty before i pick it up. id think 20 celsius would do decently for the cooling bags. would it be a good idea if i ask for a cooling pack during shipping?

would the stopping of the metro car shake the fish too much? from 10-20km/hr??? to zero is 2 seconds and usually a bit jerky or is its still similar to the previous shipping movements? the city roads are pretty bad, bridges old and patched up 1 million times and the usual infrastructue deficiencies. public transport isnt that well funded and the A/C debate is only a year into the debate. before they didnt bother much to mention adding it.

@ jkfish: thank you, im not sure if the transhipper will open the box or not. not sure how the boxes are labels when they arrive. its not going directly to my house to avoid extra shipping costs, i just need to pay for public transport fees. if its label properly in the box i'll keep it in but i'll keep the 12 can cooler in hand if the box is opened. would it be possible if i ask the seller to put down my home address on the box also for better identification?

Last edited by nel3; 07-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote