Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #11 
Luimeril

nah, pet stores need to give out correct info. when i was living in North Carolina, i went into a pet store that sold puppies. and, when i asked the employee about them, she told me info i letter found was false. like how friendly an Akita is. when, in fact, they're very territorial dogs that will attack strangers. and, all the info given out about our beloved fish. while i feel it's up to the parent/potential owner to research the animal, people should give out proper info as well.

and, many shows are censored because of the risk of kids trying what they see. and, kids STILL get hurt trying what they see. i'll admit it, i tried being a Power Ranger when i was a kid, but when i was younger, parents were stricter on their kids. if i tried too much of what i saw on TV, i got my butt spanked. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #12 
Sivan

I think its one thing to be upset at incorrect information on an educational show and to be upset at incorrect information in a low-budget flash cartoon about fish high school. Its like saying that Spongebob is indirectly, but still responsible, for kids' knowledge on oceanic life. It's a cartoon. Saying parents "don't have time" is an excuse like saying it is not a parent's fault if their kid is obese because they don't have time to cook proper meals. Parents are responsible for their children's household, not cartoons.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #13 
Persica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
nah, pet stores need to give out correct info. when i was living in North Carolina, i went into a pet store that sold puppies. and, when i asked the employee about them, she told me info i letter found was false. like how friendly an Akita is. when, in fact, they're very territorial dogs that will attack strangers. and, all the info given out about our beloved fish. while i feel it's up to the parent/potential owner to research the animal, people should give out proper info as well.

and, many shows are censored because of the risk of kids trying what they see. and, kids STILL get hurt trying what they see. i'll admit it, i tried being a Power Ranger when i was a kid, but when i was younger, parents were stricter on their kids. if i tried too much of what i saw on TV, i got my butt spanked. x:
Yeah.. I never said Pet Stores SHOULDN'T give out the right info. There's no question that they should. But the show you are so offended by is not a pet store, which is why I said what I said. It's not the responsibility of a fictional television show to teach children how to raise pets. You really shouldn't trust anything you see on television. I mean, there's a show about a giant red dog who lives in a garage, there's a show about fairy fish in a fish bowl, there's a show about everything.

Yes, kids do get hurt trying to immitate what they see. But what do we do. Ban children's television? I wouldn't want to live in a world where there were no good TV shows, and I don't think anyone has the right to force me to either.
Persica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:25 AM   #14 
Luimeril

while that's true, many parents these days turn to the TV to teach their kids, and baby sit their kids. i've seen it too much in parents that are my age, and a little older than me. when i was young, even shows meant to entertain us, taught us. take the Power Rangers, for example. yeah, they beat up the bad guys, but they taught you lessons, as well. even the Power Rangers of these days, aren't about that stuff anymore. The Land Before Time, which is TOTALLY unrealistic, still taught you stuff. cartoons these days, don't teach you jack, and hand out false info like it's candy. (Spongebob is full of inaccuracies, but i'm not mad at it about that. i have different beef with Spongebob. >.>; )
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #15 
sunnydawnie

I agree Persica. Take for example the westminster dog shows. Every year there is an influx of dogs bought that wins the show and then since people do not do their proper research on that particular breed, the dog gets dumped at shelters or rescues when it doesn't work out well with the family. Ex. bichons are cute, white, happy and fluffy --- they weren't expecting to deal with their intense stubborness, peeing for spite, their need for constant companionship and difficult to housetrain. Bottom line, it is the public's fault for buying something on impulse. Unfortunately it's the animal that pays that price.
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #16 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
while that's true, many parents these days turn to the TV to teach their kids, and baby sit their kids. i've seen it too much in parents that are my age, and a little older than me. when i was young, even shows meant to entertain us, taught us. take the Power Rangers, for example. yeah, they beat up the bad guys, but they taught you lessons, as well. even the Power Rangers of these days, aren't about that stuff anymore. The Land Before Time, which is TOTALLY unrealistic, still taught you stuff. cartoons these days, don't teach you jack, and hand out false info like it's candy. (Spongebob is full of inaccuracies, but i'm not mad at it about that. i have different beef with Spongebob. >.>; )
So very true. They did have lessons at the end of the show. In the end once again, they are SUPER HEROS!

I think Lion King wasn't so bad because realistically they DO exist together. They also showed that these animals do eat the other animals.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote