Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 06:33 AM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

I have five girls in a 27 litre tank, and I perform 30% water changes every 3 days to maintain water quality. I've since removed the crypts at the front and put in some anubias, and am looking at a lowish-light ground cover.

Between my milfoil and riccia the girls have to really work at it if they want to chase a specific fish around.

I have my suspicions regarding the gender of my blue marble female, but as long as there's no fighting it can remain in the sorority.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #12 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I have five girls in a 27 litre tank, and I perform 30% water changes every 3 days to maintain water quality. I've since removed the crypts at the front and put in some anubias, and am looking at a lowish-light ground cover.

Between my milfoil and riccia the girls have to really work at it if they want to chase a specific fish around.

I have my suspicions regarding the gender of my blue marble female, but as long as there's no fighting it can remain in the sorority.
People on here, and me, half had suspicions on my blue marbed girl too! She flared the most, too. Weird.... Seems to do a lot of the chasing (mostly at first) then again, It was her tank.
But, same with you, as long as they're not nipping and fighting, she's staying in there.
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #13 
Larsa

I got more plants today :) Heres an updated pic of mine!! You can see Kasumi and Natsuko in the upper left. Theres a huge glare in the middle, but surely you can see my big mossy plant :) Its really big but you cant tell cuz the giant glare.I also have some grass, japanese moss ball plant, peacock plants, betta bulbs, and lots of other stuff :P Wish I could take a better quality pic but my spouse is using his phone which takes awesome pics. I still need my darn pagoda...

Last edited by Larsa; 07-23-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #14 
Norichan

So I'm noticing that people here are really into live plants?
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #15 
Larsa

Heck yeah! :) It looks more natural, helps with cycling, and wont scrape the crap outta our fish's delicate fins. It makes our bettas feel at home! Oooo plus some plants like my rotela ( cant spell ) grows off if you clip them and they grow big so its like getting more plants for free . My peacock fern is actually from Thailand :P
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #16 
copperarabian

some plants love to eat up ammonia :D I kinda went on a plant buying spree for like a month since I never had them before XD They are really.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #17 
astoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Mine has a lot of amazon swords, and a lot of floating anacharis that the girls can hide/sleep in.

Do you have to add CO2 or anything to keep your plants healthy? I'm trying to start a planted sorority and I'm concerned I'm going to kill all my plants!
astoda is offline   Reply With Quote