Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #3661 
fishcurl

I finally finished setting up my tank! Whoohoo! I really like how it turned out.

It's a Marineland Hex 5 Gallon with filter (baffled) and an adjustable 25 watt heater.

The plants are fake, but I will be going live as soon as I can. No fishy in there yet. Hopefully I'll find a buddy tomorrow

The last couple of pictures are there to show how I modified the arch. Although it's meant for the aquarium, it's hollow and the edges of the hollow were sharp - a fishy could totally swim up in there and maybe get stuck or injured. So I blocked the holes with plastic canvas and AQ sealant (yes, I let it cure for 48 hours and gave it a good rinse).

Okay, enough talking. Here it is
Attached Images

fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #3662 
Neil D

Good idea using the canvas mesh thingy
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #3663 
PewPewPew

Very nice! Looking good, and good work with the arch!

If it helps, I really like ordering from Sweetaquatics.com for my plants. They have good prices and fantastic plants.
They take a little longer than other places to ship, but thats ok- Its a mom and pop business.

If you wanna order from em, do it now lol! Youll get em in a few weeks. :D

Quality and price over speed for me, lawl.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #3664 
mjoy79

My tanks!

Chandler hanging out down by the river:

Ross in his little oasis

Thailand import, Joey enjoying his American home

and Justin Furstenfeld (named after the lead singer of Blue October) rocking out. I need to do something besides that castle eventually :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #3665 
Pataflafla

Here's my 10 gallon from Walmart. It currently houses Ratchet, Frog, and Yorick.
Attached Images

Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #3666 
Cassandra90

Just redid my tank to make it sand bottom and live planted today.

Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #3667 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
I finally finished setting up my tank! Whoohoo! I really like how it turned out.

It's a Marineland Hex 5 Gallon with filter (baffled) and an adjustable 25 watt heater.

The plants are fake, but I will be going live as soon as I can. No fishy in there yet. Hopefully I'll find a buddy tomorrow

The last couple of pictures are there to show how I modified the arch. Although it's meant for the aquarium, it's hollow and the edges of the hollow were sharp - a fishy could totally swim up in there and maybe get stuck or injured. So I blocked the holes with plastic canvas and AQ sealant (yes, I let it cure for 48 hours and gave it a good rinse).

Okay, enough talking. Here it is
i absolutely LOVE your tank!!! we almost bought that tank but we went with the 2.5
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #3668 
Neil D

Nice tanks guys/gals!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #3669 
fishcurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Good idea using the canvas mesh thingy
Thank you! I felt like an aquatic Martha Stewart doing it. Except of course she would've imported the mesh from France and mixed the sealant by hand using champagne vinegar and Swiss Alp spring water. It's a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Very nice! Looking good, and good work with the arch!

If it helps, I really like ordering from Sweetaquatics.com for my plants. They have good prices and fantastic plants.
They take a little longer than other places to ship, but thats ok- Its a mom and pop business.
Thank you!

Unfortunately I'm in Canada which limits who I can order from. However I've got line on a fellow who lives in my province and sells plants etc. through Aquabid. He's got some beautiful bettas, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
and Justin Furstenfeld (named after the lead singer of Blue October) rocking out. I need to do something besides that castle eventually :)
Great tanks! And I love the "rock on" sign. That's hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
i absolutely LOVE your tank!!! we almost bought that tank but we went with the 2.5
Thank you! Have you put up a pic of your tank yet? I'll keep my eye out for it if you have. I've only gotten to page 111 of this thread so it might be a while
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #3670 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
Thank you! I felt like an aquatic Martha Stewart doing it. Except of course she would've imported the mesh from France and mixed the sealant by hand using champagne vinegar and Swiss Alp spring water. It's a good thing!

Thank you!

Unfortunately I'm in Canada which limits who I can order from. However I've got line on a fellow who lives in my province and sells plants etc. through Aquabid. He's got some beautiful bettas, too.

Great tanks! And I love the "rock on" sign. That's hilarious

Thank you! Have you put up a pic of your tank yet? I'll keep my eye out for it if you have. I've only gotten to page 111 of this thread so it might be a while
yessuh ((: pretty sure i have but it was probably before i switched gems. i'll post a new one (:
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank