Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #11 
ThorAndGhost

Thanks all for the kind words. Lucky has been trying to cheer me up, my newest little guy. I bought him a leaf hammock (he appears to have slight SBD and I wanted him to have a place to hang out near the surface), and at first he wouldn't go near it except to investigate, but now he just chills on it whenever I pass by, as if to say, "See? This thing you bought me really IS fun! SEE?" As for Ghost, I think he misses Thor because he keeps swimming to the side of the bowl where Thor hung out and checking for him. They had some space between them but at the right angle they could see each other, but not enough to cause a flare up. Just sort of enough to pique their curiosity.

How do you prevent your guys from jumping? I used a big colander (silicone, so it's soft and won't hurt them) as a kind of shield, but Thor actually jumped right over it. I don't use a net to catch them because I don't want to damage their fins. Any advice would be appreciated so I won't have to go through this again. Thanks.
ThorAndGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #12 
GunsABlazin

Well, i compleatly remove my guys and gals from the container when i do water changes. I put them in a different holding tank, or their cups i bought them in, and put the lids back on, or Cheese cloth over the top.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #13 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsABlazin View Post
Well, i compleatly remove my guys and gals from the container when i do water changes. I put them in a different holding tank, or their cups i bought them in, and put the lids back on, or Cheese cloth over the top.
Yeah, I also put them back in the cups they came in with the lids.
King jumped out once- he was all dried up on the floor when I found him- he's ok now though.
Lids! Lids! Lids!
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote