Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #1 
Jirothebetta

Too much bbs!!!

I think I may have just seriously over feed my little two month old betta fry, I put way too many bbs in his tank than I meant to and he has eaten almost every one of them...he looks like a little balloon!
...I just never imagined he would willingly eat all those BBS...in my experience betta's usually know when to quit, but not him apparently...is he in any danger? Is there anything I can do but wait? WILL HE EXPLOAD Jk but seriously...I don't know what to do...or if there is even anything I should do...

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 07-25-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #2 
Jirothebetta

hmmmm...maybe should have posted this in betta care...its not really an emergency since he's still doing fine...not a disease either...unless being a little piggy is considered a disease LOL

...still feel like a bad betta owner though sigh* glutonous little stinker
Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

With young Bettas overfeeding can cause some problems...sometimes long term and other only short term in regards to the swimbladder and you may see buoyancy problems if you overfeed too often especially if they get a lot of BBS shells that are really hard to digest...this can put pressure on the duct between the swimbladder and gut and if they are in a growth state it can cause deformities and you end up with long term buoyancy problems and Bettas that look like they are skimming the surface and can't swim down...too cool and dry air can do this too but it is related to the labyrinth.....be careful overfeeding......if it doesn't resolve in 24h...I would add some Epsom salt 1tsp/gal to move it along.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #4 
Jirothebetta

Thanks oldfishlady, I took a look at him and his belly is just about back to normal, I can definitely say that this will not behappening again, I will be much more cautious about the amount I put in there from now on...its just that both the fish and the shrimp are sooo small, it doesn't even look like a lot of them until you plop them in the water and realize, whoa...way too many!