Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #1 
Loralyn94

Post Opinions on Glofish and Dyed fish.

Its late tonight and nothing good is on t.v. so my response to this is to come on here and surf the forums, along with asking a question that i've just been wondering others opinions on.

I wanted to know what peoples opinions were on glofish and dyed fish or fish that have had their looks manipulated.

When it comes to the majority of this issue, i'm against it, I dont like the idea of changing the way a fish is and potentially harming it just for human pleasure. Glofish for me are the exception to this, I do personally own three of them. I feel that the fact that they are not altered in every new generation, its just the parent generation that was changed and thus does not cause harm to fish, makes it not a big deal.
On the other hand, i do understand what people who do not like the idea of glofish are saying, that even though they are not modified in every generation, they are still not "natural".

So, after my rambling, back to my main question. What are all of your alls opinions on Glofish, Dyed fish, and other manipulated fish.
Loralyn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

Glo fish were originally bred to change color based on certain water parameters. It was a good theory but IMO its dumb to change a fish's color just to make a sale. Same goes for dyed fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dyed fish, glofish, opinion, random