Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #1 
GunsABlazin

Yin&yang (not a betta story)

Just wanted to wright a little something. Its not about bettas, but horses :) I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 1. Memories
"His neck was corded, muscle rolled under skin like waves in a storm. His eyes widend so he could see every flicker of movement in every shadow. I could feel him; chewing on the hot steel that filled his mouth, asking for just a little more chaos...a little less controll. My lips moved, whispering his name softly, like a thought. Long ears snapped back, searching for the words that wher ment for only him, soothing words to help tame his beast inside. "shhhh easy baby, just breathe, breathe". A jet of hot breath shot from his flaird nose, foging in the cold morning air, the chewing lessend as he relaxed. The door before us opend, revealing to us our stage, a stage of packed earth and blue walls. I could feel him lean twords the entrance, he wanted this, needed this. He pawed at the ground under him, the steel on his feet cutting in to the packed sand. Words buzzed over the fuzzy intercom, my name...my number, he knew it was his time.
He surged forward, ears back to me, eyes tracking each bump before him. He wasnt dainty, not like the miniature horses that had preformed just before him. His thick knees and wide chest showed he was built to work, to pull. As he moved, time stopped, nothing was real but his thundering hooves before me...matching my heart beat perfectly. He knew his pattern, but he waited for me to ask him to turn, "Major, Whoa...Now go Gee!". His Pivot was perfect, a little dimple left in the dirt. Everything moved all at once, I stood before his stall, kissing his nose and laughing. "Major, my big baby, we did it, we got Silver. Oh you good boy, i love you"... The world warped, i was falling through the air, at the final moment before i hit the ground, i fell back into my self.

Tell me if you want more and i will continue. :)
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #2 
GunsABlazin

well now its stuck in my head so im gunna keep wrigthing.

I was stunned for a moment, when the world settled back down i was sitting on the raised root of my naighbors evergreen. I could feel the sharp bristles of Chips tong, so i looked at the stunted bull. He bawled softly, lowering his head so i could scratch between his horns. I reached out to touch him, and noticed a small glimmer of water on my hand...no not water...i reached up and touched my cheek, tears. The air became sharp, Major stood infront of me, flattening his ears at the bull. The big white horse nuzzled my cheek, trying to comfort me, why was i crying? My ears picked up sharp words, yelling by the barn, i felt an odd pain inside of me. Major bummped my cheek again, wiggleing his huge lip. When i looked up and into those big brown eyes, my heart ached, i was loseing him and he knew it.
"Amanda, im sorry..."
A tall woman moved between Major and Me, she took him away. I could hear his final call, his shrill whinny, hitting my like a bullet in the chest.
Again i fell back, my chest throbbed, my gut cramped, my head grew foggy. I tried to scream, it came out a choked sob. Why did i hurt? what was this pain? I wanted it to go away, wanted this searing feeling to fade. Muffled words cut through my gasps and crys, i couldnt hear them. I tried to listen, tried to hear...but it made no sence. A hand closed around my shoulder, lips touched my ears...then i could hear the words plain as day.
"He's dead".
The pain, the fear...all of it just stoped. I was numb, cold and still in the darkness around me.
I was empty, a shell left abandond by what was once alive and thriveing.
My heart started to beat again, but it was not a pulse that filled my ears...onw word replayed over and over.
"Dead, dead, dead, dead..."
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #3 
GunsABlazin

I sat up quickly, gasping for air that i needed so desperatly. My nurves tingled, i could feel the sheets of my bed, hear the low hum of my fan. I was in my room, it was a dream, just a dream. I pulled my knees to my chest, whimpering softly to the much to warm air around me. In the light of the full moon, i could see a soft glint of something silver on my dresser. I didnt move to touch it, i knew what it was. My...no...our silver medal, i closed my eyes and turned away from it. I was afraid to go back to sleep, afraid to face that again...those painfull Memories.