Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #31 
NCPanthersgurl

No kidding! It's just easier to not take the risk I suppose.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #32 
HD4life

I had betta's in vases and flower wreaths for center pieces at my reception. I gave my brides maids the options of keeping they're favorite fish, I kept my center piece betta and the rest went back to the LPS, we made arrangment ahead of time to give the owner the vases we purchased in exchange for the use of 12 fish, then we just paid for the ones we kept :D It was very simple, beautiful and everyone commented on the idea. I think it's a great way to express your love for fish and share the beauty of life. Not many people take the time to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak, give them that opportunity on such a special day, to watch a beautiful creature swim about, was appreciated by all ages. Another thing is my husband was so nervous that everyone would be staring at him for the dance and stuff, the fish provided a "diversion" he was satisfied by lol.
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #33 
1fish2fish

Stuff like that makes me physically sick and is part of the reason if I get married it's most likely to be in a Tshirt and jeans in the court house.

Weddings are RIDICULOUS nowadays. Yeah.. let's subject fish to unknowable stress and possible harm because they match your stupid flowers.

That's all I'm going to write on this subject because it quite honestly infuriates me and unfortunately I'm not allowed to use the words I really want to on this forum because they would probably make a sailor blush.

1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #34 
Dragonlady

I was talking to someone that sold some of their bettas for a wedding reception. He refuses to ship bettas at all because of the stress it puts on the fish.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #35 
gmd1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Weddings are RIDICULOUS nowadays. Yeah.. let's subject fish to unknowable stress and possible harm because they match your stupid flowers.
Psst.... Bridezillas. That show is NUTS. I think on one episode (I could have dreamed this though), a bride wanted fish at her reception as centerpieces, but fortunately she decided against it because 13 cents was too expensive?

I wouldn't do that at my wedding. I'd have a slideshow and throw in a picture or two of my fish. :)
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #36 
NCPanthersgurl

See I can understand wanting pets to share in the event...but there has to be limits.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #37 
CoverMeInClay

They should try and plan the reception somewhere that already has a huge fish tank. Then they get the fish and the fish done't stress from the ordeal.
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPanthersgurl View Post
Oh you know, I never thought about people putting things in their bowls...like small childrens hands... :/
That's what I'd be afraid of.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote