Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #2031 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
It looks like a standard 10 or 5 gallon... Measure the top and look for lids for 5's and 10's, they might fit :)

And yep, craft stores. Michael's has it for only .50-.90 cents a pop. You'd probably need two side by side and then have to reinforce it to not droop, but meh.
Cool, I think I will certainly look into that!

Does anyone know if this is a good heater?: http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-M-50-Wa...pr_product_top
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #2032 
Sakura8

Quick question: The tip of my thermometer broke as I was putting it in the tank and all the little ball bearings spilled out. I can't get them out, they're now kind of mixed in with the sand. Is it okay to leave those in there? I do have panda cory cats that will be rooting in the substrate. Help!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #2033 
PewPewPew

Use a net to get the general area and then look for it :<

And I think those heaters arent bad. My bf uses an adjustable 25w marineland in his 10 (works in a 5 too) and we both love it.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #2034 
copperarabian

How easily do the glass thermometers break? I put one in my cichlid tank and Malina dicided it's really fun to slam it against the glass as hard as she can, I think she likes the loud clicking it makes when she does this because she will stare intensely at it, swim around then come back over, stare, then do it again in an hour or so O.O She also enjoys spitting rocks at the glass when she's digging holes as I try to sleep lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #2035 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
How easily do the glass thermometers break? I put one in my cichlid tank and Malina dicided it's really fun to slam it against the glass as hard as she can, I think she likes the loud clicking it makes when she does this because she will stare intensely at it, swim around then come back over, stare, then do it again in an hour or so O.O She also enjoys spitting rocks at the glass when she's digging holes as I try to sleep lol
LOL - that's a cichlid for ya!

Honestly, I don't know if the little balls in the glass thermometers are toxic or not - I tend to think not, but?????

I use a digital thermometer & just take it from tank to tank. Best thing I have gotten in AGES!!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #2036 
fishcurl

Here's a quick question - can a 3 gallon tank with filter, heater, etc. etc, be cycled?

TIA
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #2037 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Ammonia shouldnt go over 1ppm. (deadly)

.5ppm is dangerous and stressful.

If ammonia is around, .25 but under .5 is best.
thank you, i'll stick to a 3 day WC cycle to start with the 2.5g. until further water testing is done.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #2038 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
Here's a quick question - can a 3 gallon tank with filter, heater, etc. etc, be cycled?

TIA
Yes! It may take a little longer, though. Bigger tanks cycle easier, and the closer to 2.5-2 gallons you go, the harder it gets.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #2039 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
LOL - that's a cichlid for ya!

Honestly, I don't know if the little balls in the glass thermometers are toxic or not - I tend to think not, but?????

I use a digital thermometer & just take it from tank to tank. Best thing I have gotten in AGES!!!!
Thanks everyone, I'm going to hope they're not toxic (just like steel melted into little balls, right?) and put the cories in. And I gots to get me a digital thermometer too! Awesome idea.

Copper, too funny about Malina, she's such a character. I don't know why it broke. I was pressing the suction cup when I realized all the ball bearings were on the bottom of the tank. Maybe mine was defective? If yours can withstand Malina, it should be fine.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #2040 
bettaloverforever16

How do you get rud of extra misaquito larva you don't need?
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote