Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #6701 
fightergirl2710

Bye :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #6702 
Pitluvs

I'm really getting sick of new members coming on and telling us not to jump on "bandwagons" or get after them for something they know they are doing wrong. Of freaking course we will, we care about your fish!! There is a reason we say to do something a certain way, because it works. You may not care about your fish but we do. I never EVER once asked anyone to take it easy on me or overlook something I was doing wrong.. I asked for the truth.

Anyways... /endrant.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #6703 
Littlebittyfish

I think my fish has a tumor or something...
The last week or so I have noticed a "lump" on his side..I thought maybe he had just ate too much...but it is still there and he doesn't look bloated like hes constipated...just a side lump on one side...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #6704 
TheCrysCat

You know, Pitluvs, it's basically people who know next to nothing who think they know everything. It's freaking ridiculous. I'm sorry, but you *can't* put a betta in a .5 gallon. You can't get away with doing water changes once a week in a tiny tank. Etc, etc. Actually, I'm not sorry, because those have been tested, accepted facts for a long time. That is what expirienced keepers and breeders recommend, and I'm going to take their advice over Mr. "Hey I just got my first betta the other day herp derp."
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #6705 
PewPewPew

Im sorry, dear :c And Im sorry LBF. I vote both the fee and the chew toy laptop. But you know me, ahem... ;)

And you know what, Pitluvs? I agree wholeheartedly. We DONT jump in people. If youre getting jumped on and you arent a troll, its probably by one single over zealous member. How dare a person accuse the entire site through one person's misguided passion? That's unfair.

I had a member do that to me. Horrendously over stocked tank and posted pictures... I liked the tank and said so, but also commented on the stocking level. I was freaked out upon, said to not know what I was talking about, etc...

A few other members (more established than myself, maybe 1f2f? I cant remember...) came to my aid and agreed, but it still didnt work. We were accused of attacking the member, though we really werent.

Guess what? A few months later, most of the stock died.

Oh. Sorry for telling you exactly what needed to be heard. My bad. I thought that's what forums were for... advice and discussion.

Oh, to be..."wrong"! ;)

I changed my sig after a convo about that with Crys... Haha. St(h)u and gt(h)o or listen! ;D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #6706 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would say that if you're more experienced and knowledgeable, you can get away with having smaller tanks but .5 is way to small. Someone just starting out and knows nothing about bettas should start out with at least 2 gallons.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #6707 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like the sig, Alyssa. lol
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #6708 
TheCrysCat

lol, iluvit. My mom's the same way. Even something innocent, like trying to explain cycling to her... she got pissed because I told her that by taking the decorations out and scrubbing them, she was probably disrupting the cycling going on in her tank, and spikes from that were what was killing her guppies and tetras. If she wanted fish she should've researched them first, before going into petco and deciding she wanted a few "colorful" fish.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #6709 
1fish2fish

I need to recruit one of you to PM me when stupidity is afoot.. I'm missing all the stupidity lately.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #6710 
dramaqueen
Banned

You want links to the stupid threads? lol Or stupid posts?