Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #1 
person

dose anyone think this will work?

Ive just purchased two bettafish at my local petco. i hate the way they treat their animals. especially the betta fish. i know its not easy to keep track of so many but the little cups they are in are usually only half way full and they dont even have enugh room to spread their fins. Plus whenever i get one home their always supper skinny and really hungry. Ive just transfered my new male(sparkles) and my new female(coral) into a 10 gallon tank. ive bin closely monitering them for the past two days and theyve each picked a side of the tank as Their territory. they chase eachother around the tank every once in a while but mostly they get along.

I was thinking, i want to get some fake plants or real plants,(dosnt matter witch) and make a wall down the center of the tank with them. I would also put in lots of hiding places for them. Ive never left them alone in the tank before. when their together im always there. Neather of them have nipped eachothrs fins or made any attempt to. its to early to tell still but it looks like they will get along. dose anyone think the idea with the plants is a good one? if they cant get along ill just put a divider in the tank anyway.
person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #2 
Impolite

SEPARATE THEM IMMEDIATELY!
No bueno.
First off, they can kill each other, which would be a terrible, bloody mess. So please, for the sake of fish, separate them.
It wouldn't do much good if you brought them home to kill each other.
Or you could end up with an unwanted spawn, thats maybe 500 babies to take care of.
Do you think you can do it?
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #3 
person

i dont know how to take care of babys. i think i should probly just get a seperator for the tank. but what about keeping just females together? and if i can keep them together how many would go in a 10 gallon tank?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

Definitely separate them. You can get another tank for one of them or use a divider...You can buy one or make one pretty easily..
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

This sticky has nice info. on female betta sororitys...
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29402
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #5 
person

thank you :) for now my female is in a mini floating tank untill i get something better.