Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #31 
youlovegnats

Huuummmm...Well I had 3 different tanks. I guess it's really up to your roommie (if you have one) if he/she is comfortable with the tanks in the room. :)
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #32 
BlueEyes

Well, the reason I ask that is because I think a dream setup for me would be a ten gallon with a five count sorority and then two three gallons with boys in them. But it'll be a really long time before I do anything like that. I need to find a job and see how many scholarships I can get for college.

On a side note, I saw you have a dwarf Russian Hamster. When I was little I had a Russian Hamster. Their eyes are a little unsettling, haha. At least mine did, he had red eyes instead of black.

Last edited by BlueEyes; 08-03-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: adding details.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #33 
Tikibirds

I got several of those kritter keepers. They are only 3 gallon as opposed to 5, but there is still room for decorations. Here are two of mine

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #34 
youlovegnats

Hmm, I think that might work in a dorm. It also just depends how much study space you're willing to give away xD.

Yeaaahhh... Lola... she's..... a monster. Whenever I replace her food, she tried to bite me- but when I take her out to run around, she's fine...it's weird. She's so territorial O__o
Old 08-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #35 
BlueEyes

Tikibirds : Hm, that doesn't look so bad. I'm still on the fence, and I'm not even allowed to have a fish yet, so there's no rush really. And when I do get my first fish I'm not going to do anything major, because I don't want to overwork myself with my first try.

Youlovegnats : Hamsters aren't exactly the most friendly creatures, IMO. The rats can be a little hasty with their treats, but they generally do alright.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #36 
youlovegnats

^ +1. You, BlueEyes, are one of the rare species of newbie that actually research BEFORE getting a pet. You earn my respect. :)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #37 
BlueEyes

Aww thank you. I try to do as much research I can before I take on a new baby.

When I knew I wanted rats for my sixteenth birthday, I did six months of secret research to know what I was talking about before even asking my mother. When she grilled me about what to do I had a confident answer to every question she had, and she let me have them.

I don't want to be out of control of a situation if something were to happen to one of my babies, and I don't want to be helpless and ignorant when something goes wrong. So yeah, lots and lots of research.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #38 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tikibirds : Hm, that doesn't look so bad. I'm still on the fence, and I'm not even allowed to have a fish yet, so there's no rush really. And when I do get my first fish I'm not going to do anything major, because I don't want to overwork myself with my first try
They do the job. I like them because they have a lid and are easy to clean/care for. When filled with water they are light enough that I can carry it to the sink and just dump all the water out and they are small enough that I can fit more then one on a shelf. My apartment is not much bigger then a dorm room so space is limited.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #39 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Aww thank you. I try to do as much research I can before I take on a new baby.

When I knew I wanted rats for my sixteenth birthday, I did six months of secret research to know what I was talking about before even asking my mother. When she grilled me about what to do I had a confident answer to every question she had, and she let me have them.

I don't want to be out of control of a situation if something were to happen to one of my babies, and I don't want to be helpless and ignorant when something goes wrong. So yeah, lots and lots of research.

:D Well done!!!! *applauds*
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #40 
BlueEyes

Tikibirds : I can understand that. Having an eight square foot rat cage, plus stand and supplies sucked up a lot of space in my room.

Youlovegnats : Thanks! I'm hoping to get a job soon, so maybe I'll be able to pay everything off for the year quickly and get college and stuff taken care of, and the rest can go to saving for college and potential fish. Choosing color and species is going to be hard though