Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #21 
Sakura8

The bright side of recuperation: everyone has to wait on you and you have a legitimate excuse to just lounge around. The downside: your mouth is probably killing you. Hang in there, kytkattin! Hope the pain goes away soon.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #22 
Kytkattin

I got the water changed on both their bowls and their future 5.5 gallon tank. It was not fun, but I did manage to do it and start the siphon thanks to that video!

So far I am doing okay. Most of the pain was last night, I took like 800mg of Motrin. lol. I haven't taken anything today for pain so it is obviously not that bad.

As a side note, I will be making an order from Drs. F and S so I can get the garlic juice! Free shipping on orders over $50, and that puts it right over (I am getting another stunner strip). Anything else I should considering ordering now that I have free shipping? I am positive once I do make my order I will think of something else I want/need, but in the mean time...
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #23 
Sakura8

The Vita-Chem Freshwater is really good, if you're interested. You add it to the tank to help boost their immune system and speed up healing. And I know what you mean about thinking of something else after you place the order. I just placed my second order in as many days.

Glad to hear you got through the water changes okay and that the pain is now bearable. I hope your recovery is quick and speedy.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:33 AM   #24 
Kytkattin

Okay, I added that too! It looks like good stuff! I just know I am going to want something else as soon as I order. Urgh! And I find it frustrating that they don't let you combine shipping on dog/cat/bird/rodent/fish stuff any more. I have all of those animals, but it isn't worth $7 in shipping for a $2 rabbit chew stick.

Yes, the pain in my teeth is pretty much non-existent now that I took Motrin again. But I didn't take Motrin for my teeth this time. For some reason I am having severe abdominal pain. I'm a tough girl, but this is just ridiculous!

Back to the original point of this thread, Monet seems back to his mopey self. We will see in the morning when I feed him if his attitude is better.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #25 
Sakura8

I hope so. Maybe he's reacting to you not feeling well? Be careful with that abdominal pain, I don't like the sound of that. :( I hope you feel better soon, you and Monet both.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #26 
Kytkattin

Eh, I don't think Monet really cares about me. He is just such an odd little fish. He seemed better this morning when I fed him. Ate a ton. Maybe once I move him to the new, planted tank he will be happier. Still waiting on my IAL to get here in the mail!

I think I might be in pain because I am not eating as much as normal. I have weird digestion on a good day, force me to eat weird foods, and my stomach turns against me!

So far I have a new light, reflector for that light, thermometer, garlic guard, and vita chem. I think that should be everything but I will probably want something else.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #27 
Sakura8

I'm glad Monet has an appetite anyway, even if he is a funny little thing. Some of them are.

I hope your stomach settles down soon, stomach issues are no fun.

I hate waiting for orders to arrive. I check the tracking status every few hours, it seems.