Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #1 
CrowntailTwitchy57

big belly?

my family went away for 7days and when i came back my betta, Maslow, was perfectly ok. except for the fact that her belly was just a tad big. why? she was fed only once for the entire week so shes not overfed.
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #2 
Punki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57 View Post
my family went away for 7days and when i came back my betta, Maslow, was perfectly ok. except for the fact that her belly was just a tad big. why? she was fed only once for the entire week so shes not overfed.
Maybe she seen a male? Or her water got warmer then usual with no AC on, something triggered her to go eggy? My female goes eggy often. Any other symptoms/problems? Constipation, lethargy, anything?
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #3 
CrowntailTwitchy57

no she is perfectly fine, and i no longer have any male bettas :( and her water may have gotten a bit warmer than usual. will she be ok?
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #4 
Punki

If shes eggy she will be fine. If she somehow got bloated but is not showing any other problems like swim bladder issues or lethargy it should pass. If you want to be sure you can QT her and make sure shes pooping. If shes eggy, eventually she will drop the eggs or re-absorb them, when she does this her poop may be a whitish color but still a normal poo shape. Just keep an eye on it. If you QT her and she doesnt poop then fast her for a day, if she starts showing symptoms of being constipated then QT her and do epsom salt 1 tsp per gallon for 10 days. But she just sounds eggy :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote