Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #11 
Littlebittyfish

Walmart kits are pretty cheap...I got my glass 5 gallon kit there..They also sell a 10 gallon kit for a little more... 30 dollars i believe.
Thrift stores and craigslist have nice deals too sometimes.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #12 
Pitluvs

You guys are so lucky to have these prices! Our 10g kits are $70+ and 2.65 are $60+. My Tetras are the cheapest I can find! The 5g suggested is $49.98 here :( Hence why I find my tanks on Kijiji, not in stores. No one owns Bettas here, or at least in proper tanks so there are never any for sale!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #13 
BetterBetta

): I'm sorry about that Pitluvs, Canada is beautiful, but sounds expensive): and Littlebittyfish I got my 10 G. kit at walmart for 30$ but with all the gravel, halfmoon which was 14$, decorations, thermometer, etc it skyrocketed to 65$+ alltogether
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #14 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBetta View Post
): I'm sorry about that Pitluvs, Canada is beautiful, but sounds expensive): and Littlebittyfish I got my 10 G. kit at walmart for 30$ but with all the gravel, halfmoon which was 14$, decorations, thermometer, etc it skyrocketed to 65$+ alltogether
That is so true... spent more than the cost of my tank on a heater....I went cheaper with the gravel though...I found a 30 pound bag of "pea gravel"at my garden store for 3.50ish. So I had enough to do a few of my tanks. Just needed to be rinsed well...

Critter keepers are nice too..I have one of my fish in a 3 gallon critter keeper.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #15 
BetterBetta

How big do critter keepers get up to? The only disadvantage is no light, but I think I could find a substitute
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #16 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
How big do critter keepers get up to? The only disadvantage is no light, but I think I could find a substitute
I think they go up to 4 gallons...
I like that they're pretty cheap..come with a lid...and you can eventually put a filter in them,,though mine is unfiltered.I use a desk lamp
I found at a thrift store.
something like this would work.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #17 
BetterBetta

Definately good for the price, now I think I may get one and the 5 gallon Lionmom suggested earlier:D You guys are tempting me... before you know it, the betta's numbers are going to climb tremendously...
Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #18 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Lion Mom, is it possible to provide pictures? And does it seem roomy? (Sorry if I'm asking to much; I want to be 100% sure on these kind of things!)

And Tisia, yeah, after I had just bought my ten gallon setup for around 65$, I saw one on Craigslist with gravel, decor, etc for 20$ o.o
It IS roomy and, for some reason, appears LARGER than a 5 gal., but that's what it is!

Here are some pics so you can get the idea.
Attached Images

Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #19 
BetterBetta

Lol, Lionmom I found your review on Walmart:D And it does look roomy, and you've got yourself a handsome betta!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #20 
lovebug009

I found a 2.5 Aqueon "BettaBow" at petsmart for $27. It has a filter and a hood with light (the kind you can replace when it burns out) and it has a removable divider. I personally don't use the divider and only keep one fish in it, but it is a good thing to have in an emergency if I need it.
lovebug009 is offline   Reply With Quote