Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #11 
Pitluvs

Ok Question...

My Betta looks like he's dancing at the bottom of his tank, rubbing. Almost looks like he has fleas? What is it? What do I do?

My Betta has white patches on him, he's acting and eating fine though. What is it?

And my Betta won't eat his pellets, any tricks on how to get him to eat?

And if you ever want to learn about rats, I'm your lady! Just shoot me a PM :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #12 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post

ANSWERS

Example 1:
I just rescued a male betta from walmart who was put in a cup with another male betta... hes really badly chewed up... what should I do???

2. Put him in a QT tank with AQ salt, 1 Teaspoon per gallon. Daily water changes.

CORRECT!

Example 2:
I just rescued a betta from Walmart... his cup at walmart was really dirty and had algea in it... his fins are all curled up... whats wrong with him and how do I treat it?

3. I would say dirty water. I would put get him in a bigger tank, and keep iy dark, so stress stays down. If you have tannins I would put them in. If he doesn't get better, I would put him in a QT tank with espom salt. 1 teaspoon per gallon.

Fin Curling is actually a red flag for ammonia burns, I did not check the amount of ammonia in the cup when I got him, for ammonia burns, dail water changes is a must, along with 1tsp of A salt per gallon. (Espom salt is for Swim Bladder Disease). tannis is a a great idea to use for any fish though since it helps calm along with allowing fin growth... daily water hanges are a must and many people reccomend keeping them in the cup they came in to make it easier (I prefer a 1 gal bowl with 100% daily water changes)

Example 3:
I rescued a pretty female betta from Walmart, her fins are destroyed ad edged in black, she was floating on her side when got her and she now has trouble swimming to the top of the tank...

4. I would say fin rot. Put her in a QT tank, with AQ salt. 1 teaspoon per gallon.

Fin Rot is only partially correct, this little girl also had Swim Bladder Disease (SBD), which is why she was floating when got her then could not get to the top. The best cure for this is 1 tsp of espom salt per gallon of water with 100% water changes for 1 week, adding tannis to the water will help wih fin growth and 100% water changes along with tannis will allow fin growth and help prevent any infections (use API coat conditionor plus for best use)
The last little girl, Wildfire, died three days after I got her despite treatment, the other two fish, Hercules and Chile, are still alive and both are healing well
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #13 
bettaloverforever16

Oh OK, Thanks, I'll remember that next time!

Pitluvs

1. I woudl say external parasites, you can treat it with API General cure, or Marcyln 2

2. Ich, I would treat it with API General Cure, or AQ Salt.

3. You could dip his pellets in Garlic Juice, which will make them taste better and give him immune system a boost!

Pitluvs: I'm trying to learn about alls animals. Dpgs I swear are the hardest, there's so much that can go run and so many treatments xD
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #14 
bettaloverforever16

Anyone else?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #15 
bettaloverforever16

Still need some help.