Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #41 
vaygirl

Pretty coleus!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #42 
nel3

i had a coleus like yours for 2 years but i put it into bigger pots too fast, never did get dense nor sufficient sunlight.

this is my current set. got a few pics to post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i purchased 8 celosia a year ago, didnt think ahead to find proper places for them so most went into pots. they got top healvy and keeled over. never purchased any again and i dont think i'll have to. the first celosia pic is regrowth from seeds. the were 2 transplanted last year and they died in there, didnt remove them so they dropped the seeds. had put some of that same soil into other pots and removed the sprouts unsuspectingly until the 2nd celosia pic to see just what the sprouts were. gald i did so.

the coleus was a 4 inch pot (canadian tire purchase) with 3 plants. been lazy so far to change its current 6 inch pot

take a look at thesmall yellow triangular section, never had a live one like that ever with my celosia. must be a recessive gene for this particular individual plant. its only been in 1/20 celosia ive owned. i know the large pot is over crowded (11 plants) but i'll transfer some over to the smaller pots.

my favorite is the newest purchase, its atleast 2 months old. purchased the bag of seeds and grew it, had another that i gave to a friend and the 5 other sprouts didnt last long. its just above 1.5ft talland nearly 2 inches wide on the flower. its just letting out the last 3 petal on the top of the flower.

Last edited by nel3; 08-09-2011 at 01:59 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #43 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your plants are beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #44 
fightergirl2710

I love your plants! They're so unusual looking :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #45 
n3wport

Next time anyone boils vegetables pour the water [once room temp] in potted plants. trust me, my nan swore by this. try it with you tamatoes
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #46 
vaygirl

Those are beautiful plants. They're so interesting.

n3wport, thanks! I'm going to try that.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #47 
nel3

thank you, im just in love with the green zinnias. ive been searching for green flowered plants for a long time. found it by chance, also found out about green chrysantemum but cant find them locally. i think it took 2-3 weeks for all those zinnia petals to come out. that zinnia is the first sucessful sprout i had. previous dahlia sprouts were too thin and not deep enough to stay up.

i had my first coleus minimum 8 years ago (unsure of years). we had a plants cutting thing in school for a small project. loved the coleus right away, the colour and square stems were to unique. the celosia are love/hate for me, beautiful but too darn top heavy.
anyone have any sucess with cacti? i had a fairy fortess but couldnt provide sufficient lighting for it.

though theres on plant mystery i just remembered. back in high school on a camping field trip i found a bizare plant. i took a pic of it and tossed the back down after taking a pic. its a woody plant that was bright pink. the stem and offshoots were the thinkness of a computer mouse and it had a waxy appearnce. the off shoots were 1cm long and it was the same appearance of the stem for 95% of their lengt. the end looked like a healed callus that would appear on a tree if you removed the first leave to come out of it. never figured out the name worst part was i misplaced that photo quite fast when i returned. the plant was devoid of any leaves, just those nodes coming out. think it mightve been polk stem/berry.

Last edited by nel3; 08-09-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #48 
fishcurl

Beautiful plants, nel! I really like the celosia, so pretty and healthy looking :)

I confess I haven't had a chance yet to plant the peas. Doing so tonight for sure because they're soaking right now.
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #49 
vaygirl

I used to have the most fabulous Aloe plant that anyone had ever seen. People would come over and say, "That's the biggest Aloe I've ever seen!" :P It was about 2 feet tall and HUGE. And then I repotted it and it was peeved and it died. :( Someday I'm going to recreate that Aloe.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #50 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
Beautiful plants, nel! I really like the celosia, so pretty and healthy looking :)

I confess I haven't had a chance yet to plant the peas. Doing so tonight for sure because they're soaking right now.
i sure hope it stays healthy when it gets top heavy. i dont deal too well with top heavy plants. id love to remove the red one in the small pot to isolate it from the yellow keeper but i dont know if the red one (6inch pot) will make it in a new pot. its literally 2 inches from the side of the pot and the stem is nearly 1cm wide.

this was my previous plant from 2 years ago

beside it was the offshoot i gave to a neighbor. the plant was the deep colour of the bottom ones whe purchased but it just got lighter after that.

Last edited by nel3; 08-09-2011 at 08:12 PM.