Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #1 
SassyBetta

Question What is he doing? Help?

my boy is literaly just flaring at himself in this one corner, hes fine with the rest of the tank when it comes to seeing his reflection, but this one corner he wont leave it alone, lure him out of it with food and once you dont give him any he goes right back to it. swims in a circle right by the corner and then stops and flairs at "the other guy" and wont leave the corner hardly. I feel bad because this is the only tank i have for him. im just not sure what about this corner bothers him , i tryed moving one of the plants in front of it but then he got mad and was trying ti wiggle himself behind it and then after about 2 mins of trying he got back there. so im just a lil confused at whats going on.
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #2 
Myates

Do you have some dark paper or construction paper? Something to tape up to the corner there and see if it helps? If it doesn't, maybe keep the light off for a day or so with the paper on it until he stops focusing there?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #3 
SassyBetta

yeah i covered it and turned that side of the tanks light iff but he still just insists on flaring at the glass forever lol

EDIT- I turned all of his tank lights off and he seemed to calm down a hes not flaring at it as much now. lol maybe its just nap time hes floating over his fave plant atm so i think hes calming down a lil

Last edited by SassyBetta; 08-09-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #4 
BrookeGrace

When I had a 1 gallon tank, my betta went completely bonkers if the light was on. He probably would have just paced around flaring for hours, but of course I turned the light off so he wouldn't be stressed out, haha. They definitely seem to get sensitive/irritated by lights sometimes!
BrookeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #5 
SassyBetta

yeah i mean now hes fine lol just really diss likes that corner, but gets mad if i block him from it....? lol they are so silly