Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #11 
Sarahlydear

lol ah poor guy, sounds like my step-dad. It's funny how We as the women are supposed to be the more emotional, attached ones but then it's the Men that can't take it when a sick fish dies. :P
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #12 
LittleBettas

lol I've noticed that to, I think its because we are so "emotional" that we fill the need to rescue the little guys, even if they pass away, while guys would prefer to not even have to come close to any emotion.
I do love my bf though.... he bought my first betta :D and continues to support my addiction
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #13 
Sarahlydear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
lol I've noticed that to, I think its because we are so "emotional" that we fill the need to rescue the little guys, even if they pass away, while guys would prefer to not even have to come close to any emotion.
I do love my bf though.... he bought my first betta :D and continues to support my addiction
Hmmm that makes sense :p lol Awh sounds like a sweetie, lucky girl. ;)
I think I'm going to have to get a guy that will limit my addiction because I'm not quite up for it yet lol
Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #14 
LittleBettas

lol, he is a sweetie, he wont admit it, but he is
lol, good luck with that, in no time he will be converted! (and worse than you)
:P
Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #15 
Sarahlydear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
lol, good luck with that, in no time he will be converted! (and worse than you)
:P
NOOOO!!! I can't have that! I need someone to be the adult and tell me no to the pet! lol
I can see it now, I marry a man who want's one dog and is willing to take in my fish, horse and 3 chinchillas; that's it. Then in a year HE is bringing home the bettas and stray dogs and I am having to tell him no.
Lol it'll work out, I'll just have to find that inner strength everyone is talking about :P
Old 08-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #16 
LittleBettas

lol, thats how my bf ended up with "his" dog, I picked up a half-feral dog off of the side of the road and said it was only for now... and now he says we cnt give her to anyone else cause she's his dog....
and sadly my bf dos say no to me, theres a feral kitten at the shelter, no chance of adoption... but he said no :( not so close to school starting and not with all of the dogs fish, and turtle.... such a cute kitten (he even admited it)
lol, Im still waiting for my bf to come back from work with a stray (hes come close, but at last sec. someone else took th dog home)
and the whole inner strenght thing people talk about on bettafish.com
well, dont ever comment in the thread "I have no self-control"
that maes it ten times worse to say no to a betta, then come ome and open your inbox to 46 unread messages all saying "I have no self-control"
breaks down even the strongest of us

*oh, and there is always that one betta that makes you fall*
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #17 
BlueEyes

I'm with Sarah, I want a guy to tell me no when I give him sad eyes and tell him we can make room somewhere. XD

Before I got into betta fish I was going out with this one guy who probably would've been like "Go for it", so I probably would have a house full of fish right now. Not having a job makes that a bad thing haha
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #18 
Sarahlydear

Well the thing with the guy is I would probably do it THEN ask him with the adorable kitten looking up at him ;) My poor future man lol.

I did comment, and quickly unsubscribed lol it was bad, luckily though I was broke at the time.

That's how I got this male, couldn't say no to that face...and I'm tempted about that crowntail...I wonder if he will be there when I go back Friday....
Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 AM   #19 
LittleBettas

lol BlueEyes, I would hate to have a bf who said no to sad eyes....
my bf doesnt say go for it... luckily otherwise the apartment would be FULL of tanks, he makes fun of me for the 6 (soon to be 9) and when we go to walmart he lets me go look and if there are any REALLY bad, he usually lets me get one, but most of the time he offers a plausble reason not to (like: wait till ___ is beter that way your not having an aparmtnet full of sick fish, you can give ____ more attention this way)

lol, Iwold SO do that Sarahldear if I had a car, my bf even said he was cute (through a picture) I have no car though so :/ Im hoping to maybe convince him.... at leastgo look at the little guy.. he doesnt even have a name, just a number: 13778200
isnt he cute though!!!!

lol, I should unsubscribe to it... it weakens me... I actually did that... for three weeks I said "if that little green girl is still therenext time I will get her" each time I went there was a betta in more dire need... well, finally, right before we left, my bf tld me to get the green girl ONLY... who turned out to be a odd colored male (Pickle)
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #20 
Sarahlydear

Awh that poor kitten! He looks terrified! How could he look at that picture and say no! He is Adorable though!
Tell your bf that I said if he's not going to adopt him he should at least go to give him attention while he's there, and if love happens then it happens ;)

I figure I have to have a man before my first apartment or else I'm only going to be allowed online shopping....too many adorable critters in need of a good home and too much temptation. :p

Dorm room limits the pets severely so I'm going to have to be strong and Only get him if Only he is there. I can't bring any other fish home...only him because I feel bad for putting him back...I have a feeling this is going to end badly...maybe I can convince my roommate to "own" a few bettas ;)

Awh I can see that, Pickle looks very...petite; at least from what I've seen in pics. But he's cute. :)
You know I never would of acknowledged that a fish was cute before my bettas lol